Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

privateice

Send a message via ICQ to privateice Send a message via AIM to privateice Send a message via Yahoo to privateice

Old April 5th, 2014, 10:36 AM
I created a new weapon in the Editor and after I save and click Test Now, it says the weapon is available in HL, but it isn't. I have tried recompiling data files, closing HL and reopening it, taking anything that might remotely be bothering HL out of the weapon description, and nothing helps. The weapon simply doesn't appear in the weapons list. This is happening in Pathfinder, but I can't say that it is a Pathfinder specific problem.

I am running HL 5.0 (fully updated) on Mac OS X 10.9.2 (Mavericks)

The upload system doesn't allow files of type .user. So, I have uploaded it as a .txt file. To test it, change the file type.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DejahsCustom.txt (1.6 KB, 3 views)
privateice is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 6th, 2014, 09:39 AM
You've added a source for this item (they're added in the very last option on each editor tab). When you're testing this, have you verified that you have that source turned on for your test character?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
privateice

Send a message via ICQ to privateice Send a message via AIM to privateice Send a message via Yahoo to privateice

Old April 11th, 2014, 02:03 PM
The source suggestion brought up by Mathias had nothing to do with the problem.

The problem is a classic boundary condition problem where when there is a single "thing" in the file, it won't load into HL. If you add a second thing into the file, both things will load into HL properly when you press test.

This needs to be filed as a bug. It's a programming issue.
privateice is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 16th, 2014, 11:38 AM
I investigated this and it appears that the problem was indeed a source being set on the weapon, plus a "containerreq" expression that restricted it to only being available when a suit of armor with gauntlets was added to the hero. Removing both of those make the weapon function properly.
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote