Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

GreenTea

Old July 14th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Really? So they created the template, but it's up to the volunteers to code the lists... ?

So, there's no set expected period for how long an updated list will take? I asked earlier about the get-you-by list for Chaos Mortals (to reflect the WD article), but nothing yet...

I wish I could code. I've been doing the new Chaos list by hand, waiting for a file I could use with Army Builder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgehl
Because Lone Wolf isn't responsible for data sets. Volunteers do that, and the 40K files are run by a team of people, the Fantasy files by one person (and I believe this interim file is by a different person).
GreenTea is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Taubay
Volunteer Data File Author

Old July 14th, 2008, 03:21 AM
GreenTea take a look at the manual for AB Creator, it's not that hard to learn as there isn't any real coding involved
Taubay is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
theviking

Old July 14th, 2008, 08:25 AM
I am getting an error when I try to open AB3 since placing the new daemons data file in the wh7 folder. Trying to use wh6 doesn't work either, nor does removing the files altogether.

Here is the error text:

The following errors occured:

Undefined rule set 'AvcCairns' referenced by context 'AvcSubtype'
Undefined rule set 'AvcZombPir' referenced by context 'AvcSubtype'

I'm assuming I have a bad file and need to replace it with something, but what file would it be, and where do I get the replacement? Or can I edit something to fix it?
theviking is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
GreenTea

Old July 14th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taubay
GreenTea take a look at the manual for AB Creator, it's not that hard to learn as there isn't any real coding involved
Sweet-- next dumb question: Where is it?
GreenTea is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Drow

Old August 1st, 2008, 06:34 AM
here it is (next dumb question)... I can't seem to find the fanacy version. i downloaded the 40K one, is it posted somewhere else?
Drow is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 1st, 2008, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taubay
Sweet-- next dumb question: Where is it?
In AB's update list, the second item from the top will always be the authoring kit - download and install that.

The manual for the kit is an html file that the program will put in the same start menu folder as AB and ABCreator, or from the help menu once you start ABCreator. There's also a ? icon on the top right of each tab in ABCreator that gives you a reference for what is on that page.
Mathias is online now   #36 Reply With Quote
lambobolt2

Old August 2nd, 2008, 11:00 AM
Good afternoon,
Just jumped on the thread, and didnt see an answer, but when will demons be available for the Current army builder program to downlaod the update?
thanks, appreciate the effort
lambobolt2 is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
b0ksah

Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:08 PM
Lambolt2 ... as soon as Robert recompile the file ... and when that is ... I have no clue

Else download the beta file from the download section -> user uploads -> Daemons of Chaos Beta 5
b0ksah is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
urpdogg

Old August 13th, 2008, 10:27 PM
The Daemons of Chaos Errata and FAQ have been released -

http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/er...aemons_FAQ.pdf

Just an FYI for those that are coding!
Cheers!
urpdogg is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
chaosgate

Old August 14th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Got the Beta 5 and noticed a few errors. The biggest so far that I noticed is that there is no limit to the special characters. It looks like the code is there but for some reason it lets you take multiple Changelings, Karanaks, or any other unit upgrades. The point costs for these special characters needs to be addressed.
Also, the pyrocaster points are off which is a simple fix. When you add a pyrocaster, it adds another model to the unit instead of replacing a flamer.
I've done a few other minor fixes. If anyone can help, especially you, b0ksah as you started. It'll be that much better. I still have to review the lords and heroes.

Since I've made some changes, how can I upload it for others to retreive and review? I figure the more of us working on this, the faster it will get done.

Thanks a ton to b0ksah for getting the ball started!
chaosgate is offline   #40 Reply With Quote