Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

mototom

Old May 25th, 2022, 08:15 PM
I'm working on converting a 1e AP and wanted to catch up on where we were on customizations. Are there adjustments or tables to help with the following:
  1. Grant a PC an ability to cast a spell (i.e., using a custom magic item activation, so something like adding as an innate spell with a number of uses specified)
  2. Adding a custom ability—I know we have this ability on NPCs. Is there an adjustment or something that adds an ability where we can specify the number of actions, action type, etc., and a text block describing the ability?
  3. Are we missing some spell adjustments? I couldn't find Nondetection.
  4. Relatively generic notes, if nothing else. Situational notes are fine but have a few required fields and are overkill for just trying to describe a custom ability.
mototom is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 31st, 2022, 04:19 PM
1. Adding "Innate Spells" from the Added Abilities table is your best bet there. That will add the innate spells table allowing you to add specific spells. Right now another adjustment will need to be used to change the usage of said spell if you don't want the default 1/day.
2. Adding "Generic Ability" from the Added Abilities table can be done on any character, NPC or not. Some of the parameters aren't present though.
3. There might be odds and ends missing, we tried to get them all but some might have slipped by. I've got nondetection noted as one such.
4. Is this wanting to set the description of a custom ability? I'm not quite understanding this.

I've got some notes added for future improvements, to add to my existing set of them for customization improvements I'd like to make.
Daniel V is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old May 31st, 2022, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel V View Post
4. Is this wanting to set the description of a custom ability? I'm not quite understanding this.
That would cover most of it. Part of it is that the situational notes adjustment is confusing and it's not clear what to enter where. Just being able to set a description that will be visible in the Play tab would help. I find most things that I can customize have User Notes, but you can't see them anywhere. I usually have to drill into them and scroll to the bottom. I'd love if custom things gave us a description up top like any other item/ability/whatever.

Quote:
I've got some notes added for future improvements, to add to my existing set of them for customization improvements I'd like to make.
Thanks!
mototom is offline   #3 Reply With Quote