Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JeffK88

Old February 12th, 2014, 01:21 PM
I've been using a different piece of software to manage my Pathfinder characters for quite sometime. It is very customizable, with a very low learning curve, but it has its limits. And its getting cumbersome to use (its an excel based sheet).

I am switching to HL, have already bought the base program, and about to buy all of the other pathfinder libraries.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to learn the software right now, is it in bad form to offer to pay someone to build some key items for the game I run and the game I play in, to get me started?
JeffK88 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 12th, 2014, 02:07 PM
You may get someone interested but allot of people are busy with real life or their own projects to often to pick up another gig.

I would recommend you listing what you want "done" as its possible the community already has something "close" or one of my Adjustments Addon could do the trick also.

Plus what you need could be "very" easy to do or it could be almost impossible. In example adding a new weapon or armor is "very" easy and can be done in minutes. Wanting to add a 7th ability score can NOT be done at all.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JeffK88

Old February 12th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
You may get someone interested but allot of people are busy with real life or their own projects to often to pick up another gig.

I would recommend you listing what you want "done" as its possible the community already has something "close" or one of my Adjustments Addon could do the trick also.

Plus what you need could be "very" easy to do or it could be almost impossible. In example adding a new weapon or armor is "very" easy and can be done in minutes. Wanting to add a 7th ability score can NOT be done at all.
how does the adjustment thing work?

One of the harder things I need done, which I was able to do with the software I am using is level progression in a race.
JeffK88 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 12th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK88 View Post
how does the adjustment thing work?
On the link above is a link to the .hl file which you can download and just double click on. It will start HL import process and install the addon. Then you would restart HL and pathfinder. At the "Configure Your Hero" window you would select "ShadowChemosh Adjustments". Then on the "Adjust" tab will be all new adjustment that appear.

You can also setup the "Powered by HL" settings which links to the community servers. Then you can download and install the adjustments addon from inside of HL. Plus future releases will inform you of the new version and can be installed/updated all from inside of HL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK88 View Post
One of the harder things I need done, which I was able to do with the software I am using is level progression in a race.
Hmm I have not had the need to do this and Pathfinder has no rules for doing this. So I assume your looking at doing something like the 3.5 Savage Species book?

See THIS post where someone asked before.

One idea to accomplish this was install my Adjustments Addon. Then you could use the "Racial Ability, Disable" adjustment to disable the individual abilities of the race. Then as you go up in levels simply remove the individual adjustments to re-active the Racial Ability.

As for Hit Dice their is no adjustment to adjust that directly. But you could put in negative values for saves, skills, and BAB.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
JeffK88

Old February 12th, 2014, 04:07 PM
yes like savage species, and technically you can do this via the pathfinder rules, when you look in playing a monster race as a character. it discusses starting the race at its CR and then adding classes, but really doesn't talk about starting at 1st level and progressing through all the levels to the CR, before adding classes.
JeffK88 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
JeffK88

Old February 12th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Oh, and thanks for the info!
JeffK88 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote