Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Rabit

Old August 31st, 2021, 11:04 AM
Does anyone know if there have been any efforts to test Realm Works on Win11? Or what it will take to make that happen?

There's not a lot of time...

(And apologies for the multiple threads -- it was just giving me an error message, so I didn't know it was posting.)

Last edited by Rabit; August 31st, 2021 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Added apology for extra threads
Rabit is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old August 31st, 2021, 11:27 AM
I suppose Win 11 will be compatible with Win 10...

Interesting read maybe...
https://www.techadvisor.com/buying-a...ws-11-3806991/

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Rabit

Old August 31st, 2021, 12:14 PM
Yeah... We've heard that before from Microsoft. Unfortunately, there are frequently issues with existing apps. That's why app developers usually test their apps with a new Windows version (and why Microsoft shares an early version for devs -- and my apologies if you already know this ).

I'm hoping that Lone Wolf would take a bit of time to try that out, since they probably have to test their other apps.

And if not, maybe there are other folks in the RW fan base who have access and time to try it out.

Thank you for sharing that article, though -- it has some great info!
Rabit is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Rabit

Old August 31st, 2021, 03:31 PM
A member of the FB fan group said they've been using it on their instance of Win 11 with no issues, so hopefully we're good to go.
Rabit is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 1st, 2021, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabit View Post
A member of the FB fan group said they've been using it on their instance of Win 11 with no issues, so hopefully we're good to go.
That would be me ;-)

I haven't used it in anger on Win 11, but it starts up and I'm able to navigate between topics successfully.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote