Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lady2beetle

Old November 17th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Hello!

I am trying to figure out how to go into the editor and add the ghost touch quality to an item. Any idea where that setting is?
lady2beetle is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old November 17th, 2014, 04:09 PM
You normally wouldn't add this in the editor, but add it as a 'New Magic, Custom or Masterwork weapon' on the weapon tab.
Fuzzy is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 17th, 2014, 04:24 PM
On the Weapon, Magic tab, use the "Weapon Powers" option, and on the Armor, Magic tab, use the "Armor Powers" option.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
lady2beetle

Old November 18th, 2014, 03:41 AM
Thanks guys. In this case, I am not trying to adjust a weapon or piece of armor.

I am working with the Ghostly Trappings trait for the ghost and want to indicate which items the ghost has brought with her. When I equip her belt of dex, for example, it turns red because the system says she can't wear it. So I want to figure out how to create an incorporeal belt of dex. Does that make sense?
lady2beetle is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old November 18th, 2014, 04:48 AM
In that case, you are going to have to do one of a couple things. Ultimately, to make that message go away, all equipped items have to have the following tag:

Ability.iGhostTch

You can add this either in a new item in the editor, or perhaps make an adjustment that can add this to any specific item on the hero.
Fuzzy is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
lady2beetle

Old November 18th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Thank you!

Out of curiosity, is there a guide anywhere on creating new adjustments? I'm still new at a lot of this stuff and I am apparently too dense to figure that one out.
lady2beetle is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old November 18th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Adjustments are not really any different from any other 'things'. They've got a checkbox, have the ability to have a couple dropdowns or text boxes, and can run any number of scripts, and bootstrap on any various other things onto the hero, or other containers. For this, you'll be adding a tag to an item. The best way to learn is to copy existing adjustments. In this case, the adjustment that would likely be the best to copy would be the Equipment Broken adjustment. It is already set up to select from all equipment on the hero, and the first Eval Script in it adds some working to the name, and adds a tag to the item, pretty much exactly what you want to do. You can throw out the other scripts from the broken script, as they are for setting reduced value and such to the broken item.

Then, when you actually use the adjustment, you would add them on the Personal tab, under Permanent Adjustments. select the item, and enable the adjustment. That should add the tag, and then when you equip said item, it should not show as a validation error.
Fuzzy is offline   #7 Reply With Quote