Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

bshaw0313

Old June 14th, 2021, 09:19 PM
TaleSpire is a VTT (I think it would fit that label) that was just released as early access on steam.

So far my group has really enjoyed it (3D maps that really feel like mini's on a table).

They have released a feature to use URLs that start with (talespire://) to be routed directly to the TaleSpire program. Specifically if you have a URL like this (talespire://dice/d20) it will start the process of rolling a d20 in TaleSpire.

This can get more elaborate such as (talespire://dice/Wisdom:1d20+1) will roll a d20 + 1 and actually label that it was Wisdom that was rolled.

Would it be possible to have maybe an option to change the dice roll buttons in the dice roll screen to generate similar links? Or maybe just add an additional button that could be used to do the same thing?

Obviously not a high priority but it MIGHT*** be a simple way to link into a VTT that MIGHT*** get fairly popular in the future. MIGHT*** because I cannot actually see the future unfortunately.

I'm going to make an attempt to create a Chrome extension (someone has made one that works for DND Beyond) so if anyone has any experience with chrome extensions and wouldn't mind some brain picking please let me know.

Thank you!
bshaw0313 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
bshaw0313

Old June 14th, 2021, 11:18 PM
I haven't looked through the entire export API yet, but is there support or plans to support exporting dice rolls? That might be a better angle to attack it from instead of an extension.
bshaw0313 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bshaw0313

Old June 29th, 2021, 09:02 PM
A quick update on this:

My first prototype extension is almost done and will be testing with my group at our next session (July 11th).

Assuming it works, would anyone be interested in using it? I could look into putting it in the extension store if anyone is, and depending on how the other systems handle rolls it might work for other systems too or can be modified.

Thank you!
bshaw0313 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
H2Os

Old June 30th, 2021, 01:03 AM
I would give it a look.
H2Os is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
bshaw0313

Old July 11th, 2021, 10:16 PM
Second update:

First session was good, the extension works! I will be working on making it better but I am releasing this version as an open beta of sorts.

If you want to report any bugs or request features join the discord! https://discord.gg/3bpMUF72Du

It is build for Pathfinder 2E, but if the other systems have rolling in a similar fashion there is a TINY TINY chance it may work. I will look to expand into others if it doesn't once I get just Pathfinder 2E working well.

Anyway, I hope someone finds it useful!

Thank you!

Last edited by bshaw0313; September 5th, 2021 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Updating information and fixing typos I missed.
bshaw0313 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
bshaw0313

Old September 5th, 2021, 10:01 PM
Quick update. The extension is fully functional and the previous requirement to have to be a part of a google group to download has been removed.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...=en&authuser=1

Here is the store link.

Thank you!

**I have some quality of life improvements to make but it at least 100% functional right now. Probably (I only had 1 other person bug testing)

Last edited by bshaw0313; September 6th, 2021 at 04:00 PM.
bshaw0313 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote