Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Dark Lord Galen

Old July 13th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Is there a ay to display the HP on the tactical console as a percentage rather than the actual number...
I want to utilize the console to convey current state to players with out revealing actual HP of other PCs, NPCs, and creatures.
With a % it could display something like 100/100 or a "health meter" would be nice.
Thanks for feedback
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 13th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, but unless there is a lot of support for this, it is unlikely to happen, because it would require lots of work to mess with the tactical console.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old July 13th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Humm.. Puzzled...
I'm no "expert" when it comes to HL.. but " it would require lots of work to mess with the tactical console." confuses me.. Maybe I am "over-simplifying", but since the total HP value and the Current HP value are both already displayed, I don't see "alot of work" to divide one number by the other and display that value as a %.... Is there a method in a Developers Tool Kit or the Editor to take that next step?
Granted it would take some work to create a "bar" that would have to calculate wounded, versus bloodied, versus critical....
Thanks for the rapid replies.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 13th, 2012, 10:48 AM
It'd be more about making a setting for "Display HP as percentage" and then moving things around in the tactical console to display the bar and percentage in the most aesthetically pleasing way.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old April 30th, 2013, 06:46 AM
resurrection.....
Just a revist, and reverbage.. I get that it might require abit of "pretty" for the aesthetics, but again doesnt seem like a total revamp?
Again maybe missing something here...
Further, it (as far as I can tell) cannot be done through the Developers Tool Kit correct? I'm happy to do the leg work (since this is not obviously a desired use from the mass community) as it would save me utiliing two different products.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote