Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Blondeshell

Old June 18th, 2023, 07:42 PM
Apologies first if I'm coming at this years late. I've been comparing the differences between the talents for Rogues and Unchained Rogues that were listed in the Core Guide, Advanced Players Guide, Ultimate Combat, and Pathfinder Unchained. While Pathfinder Unchained did explicitly call out talents from the other three books that were modified or usable as is, there were several that were not covered in either case. The one at issue here is Ki Pool, which allowed core Rogues access to several Ninja Tricks.

The problem I've noticed is that both Hero Lab Online and Hero Lab Classic list several Ninja Tricks that require ki points that can be selected for Unchained Rogues from the Ultimate Combat book, but the Ki Pool talent is not available to actually let you use them. The ki-based powers listed are as follows:

Acrobatic Master
Darkvision
Feather Fall
Forgotten Trick
Ki Charge
Shadow Clone
Smoke Bombs
Sudden Disguise
Vanishing Trick
Ventriloquism

There are also some ki-based Master Ninja Tricks from Ultimate Combat that require Ninja level 10 but can be selected by an Unchained Rogue:

Ghost Step
Invisible Step
See the Unseen
Shadow Split
Unbound Steps

Is there some trick I haven't found to allow Unchained Rogues access to a ki pool in order to use these Ninja tricks? Is there some mix-up that caused these powers to be listed as available for Unchained Rogues? Is there something else going on that I've missed?

I'd appreciate any feedback I can get about this. Thanks.
Blondeshell is offline   #1 Reply With Quote