Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Elgon

Old February 4th, 2016, 05:47 AM
Hi,
I've added two bracers of defense by mistake and checked them as equipped and attuned. It raised my AC by 4. Wasnt it supposed to give an error message that you may not equip two identical items ?
The same goes for more than two rings and all kinds of misc magic items.
The only place it actually check is the armor and shield.

BTW, since there is an option in the book to combine items, maybe make a "General" item of the type, something lie: "Magic Ring" and to this container one may add several rings to make a combined ring ? and thus allow the combined item option easily without messing with the editor and coding.

Furthermore, there was a "Magical Prices errata". Will you consider adding the priced of the magical items to the software ?

Thanks
Elgon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 4th, 2016, 12:35 PM
I had thought 5e had given up the idea of item slots in favor of limiting the number of items which can be attuned. Could you point me at the rules text supporting that you can't attune to a pair of rings, for example?
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Elgon

Old February 4th, 2016, 12:43 PM
in the DMG, page 138. "a creature cant attune more than one copy of an item"
I was talking about two identical bracers of defense or two magical rings of protection.
Thanks
Elgon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 5th, 2016, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgon View Post
in the DMG, page 138. "a creature cant attune more than one copy of an item"
I was talking about two identical bracers of defense or two magical rings of protection.
Thanks
Unfortunately, that wording isn't in the SRD.

I notice that a lot of items in the SRD contain the text "requires attunement", but searching for the word attunement doesn't indicate what this term means.
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Elgon

Old February 5th, 2016, 07:14 AM
It seems obvious to me. does the SRD says that an elf has only two hands ? or just two legs ?

In addition, does the SRD states that a character cannot wear two sets of armor ? maybe I'll have my character wear a chainmail beneath his platemail ? Or does the SRD states that a character cannot use more than one sword at each hand ? maybe my fighter will use 7 swords ? why do you check the armor and weapon tabs ?
Elgon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 5th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgon View Post
It seems obvious to me. does the SRD says that an elf has only two hands ? or just two legs ?

In addition, does the SRD states that a character cannot wear two sets of armor ? maybe I'll have my character wear a chainmail beneath his platemail ? Or does the SRD states that a character cannot use more than one sword at each hand ? maybe my fighter will use 7 swords ? why do you check the armor and weapon tabs ?
Well technically I can easily wear 8 rings, so where in the SRD does it say that I can benefit from only 2 rings? (2 rings being the 3.5 limitation)
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Elgon

Old February 6th, 2016, 01:46 AM
HI,
First of all, I wasnt talking about several items (rings or other) but about several identical items. thats different.

Furthermore, the SRD doesnt restrict number of armors and more than two weapons, but the HeroLab does check and gives an error messsage if you equip more than one armor or two weapons. why do you check it it it is not mentioned in the SRD ? because it's logical.

In addition, the number of rings, bracers and so on, was and stayed the same through the versions of the game, so I dont think it should be mentioned in the SRD to make the software check it, or at least make an option in the "configure hero" option for checking equipped items as in the 3.5e if you are afraid to mention 5e.
Elgon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote