Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diceman

Old December 6th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Greetings,
My sunday group decided to start a 3.5 campaign with level 4 starting characters. For fun I took my friend's fighter character and attempted to recreate it using the demo version of hero lab.
One of his fighter feats was Improved toughness which grants the character +1 hit point per hit die as opposed to the toughness feat which grants a one time bonus of +3 hit points. I think there is a prerequisite of +2 con modifier as well.

This feat is not in the standard data file so we attempted to recreate it using the edit tools. I admit I am a little over my head using the editor, but we were able to figure it out EXCEPT how to make the mechanics actually grant a +1 hit point bonus per hit die. Since we were just messing around we settled for copying the standard toughness feat(renamed improved toughness) made it a fighter bonus feat, and changed the hit point bonus to 4 instead of 3 to make the print preview reflect the actual effect of the improved toughness feat on a level 4 character.

I was trying to sell my gaminig group on the idea of purchasing the d20 data package as a group by showing off the demo, but this one feat, and our inability to create it properly resulted in my players having a negative view of the program.

I tried for several hour how to code the feat properly but was unable to code the eval scripts correctly. Using the standard toughness feat as a blueprint all I could do was change the one time +3 hit point bonus to a one time +4 hit point bonus.

How would you change the following eval script to grant a +1 hit point per hit die instead?

Quote:
~ If we're disabled, do nothing
doneif (tagis[Helper.FtDisable] <> 0)

container.child[Totals].field[tHP].value = container.child[Totals].field[tHP].value + 4
Any help would be appreciated.
Diceman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 6th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Code:

herofield[tHP].value += #totallevelcount[]
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 6th, 2010, 07:57 AM
You may also want to check the "Community Created 3.5 D&D data set" thread that's stickied in this forum - I would be surprised if the book you're trying to implement isn't already partially done.

Last edited by Mathias; December 6th, 2010 at 10:17 AM.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old December 6th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Improved toughness is in the complete warrior data file set.
bodrin is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Diceman

Old December 6th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Code:

herofield[tHP].value += #totallevelcount[]
Awesome. I had been looking at other files in the data set and could not find the correct syntax. Thanks.
even though others in this thread have indicated the data set is available I still wanted to know how to code it myself. You only learn by doing.
thanks
Diceman is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Diceman

Old December 6th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Improved toughness is in the complete warrior data file set.
thanks will look for it there
Diceman is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Diceman

Old December 6th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
You may also want to check the "Community Created 3.5 D&D data set" thread that's stickied in this forum - I would be surprised if the book you're trying to implement isn't already partially done.
I will also look for this file. thanks again.
Diceman is offline   #7 Reply With Quote