Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old May 20th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkk5546 View Post
I have no idea how to enter data into hero lab. I have a request if possible, could someone either make a data set for races of eberron and magic of eberron....or send me a tutorial on how to do it myself? Currently playing a warforged artificer so just having access to eberron campaign setting doesn't help much since currently warforged is not listed in the race section.
I will add Eberron items to the list of requests. I'll see what I can do about getting at least the core stuff added from that for the 2.0 release later this year.
Sendric is offline   #131 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 20th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCoots View Post
@kkk5546: The warforged seem to be omitted from the Ebberon Campaign Setting data set thus far available in this huge data set. Adding the race wouldn't be too difficult and there is a tutorial in the help menu. One of the best ways to get going is to try to create a new one by copying an existing race and tweaking things here and there. Eventually creating from scratch is pretty easy.

Speaking of editing things...
I'm having trouble with Pre-reqs like:

foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "Broadcast.WepFocus"
validif (each.tagis[wCategory.Reach] <> 0)
nexteach

My major issue is where can I see a list of all possible containers like BaseWep, BaseSkill, etc... and where the hell are the fields "Broadcast.?"

I ask this because let's say I take Weapon Focus (Guisarme), but I have not added a Guisarme in any form to my inventory (wGuisarme or iMagWeapon); then by the wonderful logic of this pre-req I DO NOT qualify for a feat like Short Haft. I figure because it is searching the weapons I have, not the feats, checking if any that I own have weapon focus attached to them, and then if so checking if it is a reach weapon. This is a terribly unprincipled way of looking at it. One should be checking the Feats I have, seeing if there is a Weapon Focus feat, and then for each of them seeing if they apply to a reach weapon.

<NEW EDIT LOL>
Wow, I just figured out how to do it all by myself. The pre-req for feats like this should read

foreach pick in hero from BaseFeat where "HasFeat.fWepFoc"
validif (each.field[fChosen].chosen.tagis[wCategory.Reach] <> 0)
nexteach

Which does exactly what you'd want. It looks at your feats (a'la BaseFeat) and specifically grabs the Weapon Focus feats (HasFeat.fWepFoc). Then it looks to what you chose in the fChosen field (each.field[fChosen]) and grabs the thing you chose (each.field[fChosen].chosen) and looks to its tags to see if the weapon has reach (each.field[fChosen].chosen.tagis[wCategory.Reach]).

Boo Yah! I'm getting better at this.

Sendric, I'm seriously down for going through and editing files that are released from you to correct such snafu's; that way I can stop making my own custom replacement versions and make my changes "permanent".
Ok, took me a few reads to understand what you were saying, but I've got the fix in for that feat for that pre-req (doesn't solve the proficiency with reach weapons, though). I'll add it to the upcoming release.

Feel free to poke through the set and search for bugs like this. I'm sure there's a lot of little bugs like this that slipped through. I didn't even know this feat existed, let alone that there was a bug with it.
Sendric is offline   #132 Reply With Quote
Drakos

Old May 20th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Has 1.9 been released? My updater doesn't show any new release.
Drakos is offline   #133 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 21st, 2013, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
Has 1.9 been released? My updater doesn't show any new release.
Not yet. Should be soon. I'm starting to put it together. There will be an announcement when it is released.
Sendric is offline   #134 Reply With Quote
CptCoots

Old May 21st, 2013, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Ok, took me a few reads to understand what you were saying, but I've got the fix in for that feat for that pre-req (doesn't solve the proficiency with reach weapons, though). I'll add it to the upcoming release.

Feel free to poke through the set and search for bugs like this. I'm sure there's a lot of little bugs like this that slipped through. I didn't even know this feat existed, let alone that there was a bug with it.
Well the proficiency prereq is done the same way. The feats for like Melee Weapon Mastery: Bludgeoning are equally bugged.
CptCoots is offline   #135 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCoots View Post
Well the proficiency prereq is done the same way. The feats for like Melee Weapon Mastery: Bludgeoning are equally bugged.
Hmmm...ok, I believe I have managed to fix the proficiency pre-req. I'll take a look at Melee Weapon Mastery as well.

Edit: Ok, I've got those fixed now too. This will be last change for release 1.9. Thanks for the reports.

Last edited by Sendric; May 22nd, 2013 at 07:06 AM.
Sendric is offline   #136 Reply With Quote
Futureechoes

Old May 26th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Hello!

I was just wondering if you guys ever wrote the artificer class into the Ebberon campaign setting? It's not really showing but maybe I've downloaded the wrong pack?
Futureechoes is offline   #137 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 26th, 2013, 04:52 PM
No, I haven't done anything with Eberron yet. The good news is going forward, releases will be occurring with more frequency, so you won't have to wait 6 months for another release. I'll see about getting that and other Eberron data into the next one.

Last edited by Sendric; May 26th, 2013 at 05:09 PM.
Sendric is offline   #138 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 26th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Release 1.9 - May 26, 2013

Enhancements & Changes
  • Adjustments - Added Adjustments: Fighting Defensively, Total Defense (Bodrin)
  • Adjustments - Added Charging as a Condition (Bodrin)
  • Adjustments - Added Spell Adjustments: Benediction, Prayer, Interfaith Blessing (x6) (Bodrin)
  • File Structure - Condensed many files into few. Here is a list of all the new files created by this process: (Sendric)
    • Complete Adventurer Compile
    • Complete Divine Compile
    • Complete Mage Compile
    • Complete Psionics Compile
    • Complete Scoundrel Compile
    • Complete Warrior Compile
    • Env - Cityscape
    • Env - Dungeonscape
    • Env - Frostburn
    • Env - Sandstorm
    • Env - Stormwrack
    • Miniatures Handbook
    • Races of Stone Compile
    • Races of the Dragon Compile
    • Races of the Wild Compile
    • Players Handbook 2
Bug Fixes
  • Complete Adventurer - Quick Reconnoiter was listed twice in the feat table (Bodrin)
  • Complete Adventurer - Skirmish at level 1 changes once the scout class reaches level 3 (Sendric)
  • Complete Warrior - Bladesinger class specials missing (Sendric)
  • Complete Warrior - Improved the method of removing spells from the Ranger with the no spells variant (Sendric)
  • Community Bug - Various races were incorrectly adding to reflex save bonus (Sendric)
  • Core Bug - Amulet of Natural Fists was not adding its enhancement bonus to natural attacks (Sendric)
  • Core Bug - Assassin spell list was not properly set (Sendric)
  • Core Bug - Glove of Storing was not set as a container (Sendric)
  • Core Bug - Incorrect weight calculations for Custom Gear, Locations and Containers (Sendric)
  • Core Bug - Phylactery of Undead Turning was using the incorrect slot (Sendric)
  • Core Bug - Portable Hole was not set as a container (Sendric)
  • Core Bug - Power point totals when attribute bonus is less than 1 (fix provided by Aaron)
  • Core Bug - Ranger with Wild Shape class variant was not removing ranger Combat Styles (Sendric)
  • Core Bug - Scabbard of Keen Edges was not set as a container (Sendric)
  • Dungeonscape - Incorrect skill bonus for class Factotum (Sendric)
  • Libris Mortis - There was an error message when selecting the feat Daunting Presence (Sendric)
  • Magic Item Compendium - Impact weapon special not applying threat range increase (Sendric)
  • Monster Manual - Creature Type CR adjusting incorrectly when adding Extra HD "class" levels (Sendric)
  • Monster Manual 3 - Various sources were incorrect (Sendric)
  • Players Handbook 2 - Pre-req scripts for feats Short Haft and Melee Weapon Mastery had faulty search methods (Sendric)
  • Spell Compendium - Domain tags not being added for some domains (Sendric)
  • Spell Compendium - Spells requiring Draconic Heritage report error when feat is not selected (Sendric)
  • Spell Compendium - Undeath Domain missing Extra Turning feat (Sendric)
  • Various Sources - Missing summary text for various spells (Sendric)
  • Various Sources - Spell lists for several classes had a variety of errors. Classes fixed: Bard, Cleric/Favored Soul, Druid, Ranger, Sorcerer/Wizard, and Spellthief (Sendric)
Data File Authoring
  • Complete Arcane Compile.user - Added Starmetal material. Added Elemental Savant prestige class. (Sendric)
  • Complete Divine Compile.user - Added Shugenja and Spirit Shaman classes. (Sendric)
  • Complete Mage Compile.user - Added remaining spells and invocations. Added class variants. Added Holy Scourge prestige class. (Sendric)
  • Complete Warrior Compile.user - Added Paladin (no spells) class variant. Added Hexblade class. Added Knight of the Chalice and Tattooed Monk prestige classes. (Sendric)
  • Custom - Core Bug Fixes.user - New file provides fixes for some core HL bugs (see above). (Sendric)
  • Miniatures Handbook.user - Added missing feats. (Sendric)
Sendric is offline   #139 Reply With Quote
CptCoots

Old May 27th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Is it there for automatic updating?
CptCoots is offline   #140 Reply With Quote