Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Vigoroso

Old December 20th, 2022, 01:46 AM
Hi. I am very green at using Hero Lab Editor but after a few weeks I have created several .user files I would like to share with my gaming group.

I have followed the directions for Distributing Data Files and believe I have successfully Packaged the files into an Import file using the HLExport.

I have located the created .hl file on my computer. But from here I am lost on what to do.

The directions say I can post the import file on a web site, which I don't have, and then send an email or IM directing the people I want to use the file to the URL.

Since I do not have a web site I can post the file to, can I just copy the .hl file into an email and send it to my friends? If so, what do I tell them to do with the file? The directions say "They can then download the file and import them into Hero Lab with a few clicks of the mouse." What exactly are the few clicks of the mouse?

I also want to test that the import file created actually works before I mess up someone's Hero Lab. IS there someone willing to test run my data file?

Sorry if this sounds simple and obvious to most of you but as evidenced by this post, I am not a computer programmer and neither are my gamer group members.

Thanks for bearing with me!
Vigoroso is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Phrll

Old December 20th, 2022, 04:48 AM
Yes, you can email the .HL file then they use Tools -> Import Files to import the .HL file. If they're just .user files, you can email just those files, they save them into the game system's folder and (I think) they should show up under Configure Hero as User Content.
Phrll is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Vigoroso

Old December 20th, 2022, 03:49 PM
Thank you!
Vigoroso is offline   #3 Reply With Quote