Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 31st, 2012, 02:05 PM
Hi there,

As some of you have noticed, the latest update to the compendium broke something in the downloader because of some changes it made. We're working on an update for the downloader right now, which we hope to have out tomorrow.

If you already completed the download, you might be getting this specific error message when trying to load the data files:

Quote:
Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Thing 'pRacGorCha' - Tag group 'AttackVs' does not comply with min/max tag limits
You can fix it yourself as long as you don't mind getting your hands dirty and editing data files by hand (without using the Hero Lab editor).

Please note - doing this incorrectly can cause even more problems for your data files, so be careful! If you're not sure what some of the steps below mean, it's probably better to just wait for the updated downloader to come out and run the download again.
  1. Load any game system in Hero Lab, such as the Authoring Kit Sample game system.
  2. Go to Tools -> Explore Folders -> Program Data Folder. An explorer window should open - open the "data" folder, then the "4e" folder within that.
  3. Find the file named ddi_powers.dat in that folder. Make a backup copy of the file in case anything goes really wrong - I recommend copying it with a name like "ddi_powers.oldversion" or something. Do *NOT* use a name for the backup ending .dat or .user, or you'll cause even more problems!
  4. Open that file in a text editor, like Windows Notepad. Do NOT open it in a word processor like MS Word - Word will add all sorts of formatting that will stop Hero Lab being able to read it.
  5. Search for the text "pRacGorCha" in the file. You should find a single result.
  6. Go down about 12 lines from where you found the text and you should see 3 lines together like this:

<tag group="AttackVs" tag="defAC"/>
    <tag group="User" tag="AttrPhys"/>

Note how the AttackVs one is duplicated - this is the problem.
  7. Delete one (just one) of the lines that look like this:

Don't delete or change anything else in the file.
  8. Save the file.

Now try loading the game system in Hero Lab - if you did everything correctly it should load without a problem.

Hope this helps! If you're not comfortable doing the above, don't worry - we'll have an updated version of the downloader out soon.
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Squeeks1337

Old August 2nd, 2012, 06:09 AM
The fix worked perfectly. Thanks very much. I'll keep an eye out for the downloader update.
Squeeks1337 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old August 8th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Just checking to see if there has been an update? I would like to have to all done before I start packing to head to Gen-Con, that way I know if there is anyproblems ahead of time.
SAbel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote