Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

TheIronGolem

Old August 29th, 2021, 10:04 AM
Two announcements:

1. I've posted new updates for USoP, legacy SoP, SoM, and Champions to address most of the issues reported here. If you downloaded updates in the last few minutes and are getting duplicate-record errors, try re-downloading Champions 1.5 again.

2. It is with mixed feelings that I announce my retirement from the Spheres project, and from Hero Lab work in general. However, just because I'm done doesn't mean Spheres is. WhiteUnggoy will be taking over for me from here on in. He will be handling development of any future Spheres packages as well as support, including through email at the same address. WhiteUnggoy has already done excellent work for Spheres with several of the Sphere Handbooks, as well as some nice enhancements he made for the UI elements. I couldn't leave the project in better hands.
TheIronGolem is offline   #1081 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old August 29th, 2021, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderlorn View Post
TheIronGolem,

New errors appeared after the recent update?

New Error causing crash after new updates

Thank you in advance!
Looks like you posted just before I did. Re-download Champions and you should be okay.
TheIronGolem is offline   #1082 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old August 29th, 2021, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Two announcements...)

2. It is with mixed feelings that I announce my retirement from the Spheres project, and from Hero Lab work in general.
A huge thank you from me (and my son), for all the work you've put into this. It greatly enhances our enjoyment of this fantastic system!
Lord Magus is offline   #1083 Reply With Quote
Anderlorn

Old August 29th, 2021, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Looks like you posted just before I did. Re-download Champions and you should be okay.
It looks like I had to reload both updates and then I was fine, thank you!

And more importantly, THANK YOU for the years of great development and support you have given us for the Sphere's Hero Lab Project. Like Lord Magus stated, it definitely enhances our enjoyment and reduces the amount of tedious work we have to do in either creating a new character or maintaining a high level character.

(Hands clapping)

Lastly, thank you for the update who will be supporting project after your departure.

~Andelorn
Anderlorn is offline   #1084 Reply With Quote
GreyLurker

Old August 29th, 2021, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Two announcements:

2. It is with mixed feelings that I announce my retirement from the Spheres project, and from Hero Lab work in general.
Thanks for all your hard work, it has really helped me out these last few years. Really appreciate everything you've done
GreyLurker is offline   #1085 Reply With Quote
Shareeth

Old August 29th, 2021, 08:04 PM
So after updating, I get this error. I did try reloading one then the other, but the error persists. How do I go about rectifying this so that Hero Lab does not load in recovery mode that disables all pluggins?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2021-08-30 000059.jpg (67.3 KB, 4 views)
Shareeth is offline   #1086 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old August 29th, 2021, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareeth View Post
So after updating, I get this error. I did try reloading one then the other, but the error persists. How do I go about rectifying this so that Hero Lab does not load in recovery mode that disables all pluggins?
This is the same error Anderlorn had earlier today. It's happening because I moved the Martial Companion racial trait from CotS to SoM, and when I first posted the updates I mistakenly put up a version of CotS that still had the Martial Companion, resulting in it being in two different files (hence the duplicate record). I suspect you either didn't update CotS yet and only updated SoM/SoP, or you downloaded CotS before I posted the fixed version. Either way, if you re-download CotS it should replace what you have with the fixed version that doesn't have Martial Companion, clearing the error.
TheIronGolem is offline   #1087 Reply With Quote
Shareeth

Old August 29th, 2021, 08:39 PM
I did see what you wrote and did try to download the CoTS from drivethrurpg and reinstalled it. Yet after reinstalling it, the same error came up. So, I tried downloading SoM again to no avail. I do have the CotS, SoM, and USoP sources added also. I did not see an update for CotS.

Last edited by Shareeth; August 29th, 2021 at 08:43 PM.
Shareeth is offline   #1088 Reply With Quote
asvaldson

Old August 29th, 2021, 10:16 PM
We're going to miss you, TheIronGolem. You've always been real good at responding to issues. I know that quite a few issues seems to have cropped up with the release of USoP, but I know I never had an issue with you. I know this was a huge project. Thank you for everything you have done for our community.
asvaldson is offline   #1089 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old August 30th, 2021, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareeth View Post
I did see what you wrote and did try to download the CoTS from drivethrurpg and reinstalled it. Yet after reinstalling it, the same error came up. So, I tried downloading SoM again to no avail. I do have the CotS, SoM, and USoP sources added also. I did not see an update for CotS.
DriveThru may not have the latest version up yet (when I say I've posted updates, that means I've posted them to the Dropbox account that the HL update mechanism uses). I'll PM you a link to download the corrected version directly.
TheIronGolem is offline   #1090 Reply With Quote