Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

spannclann

Old January 3rd, 2023, 09:18 PM
I figured it out. Seems an incomplete Community Pack file is causing the error and confusion.
spannclann is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old January 4th, 2023, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spannclann View Post
I figured it out. Seems an incomplete Community Pack file is causing the error and confusion.
Yeah I couldn't reproduce your error using the steps I posted. Is the incomplete file on your end, or is there something wrong with the files as they're available?

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
spannclann

Old January 4th, 2023, 09:34 PM
I haven't found the exact file in question. What it looks like to me is that the COM_5ePack_TCoE - Sidekicks.user file is fine, but there may be another file where someone tried to fix/streamline Sidekicks.

The dark Expert, Spellcaster, and Warrior are from TCoE. The discription says "Appears In: Tasha's Cauldrin of Everything".

The greyed ones "Appears In: Sidekicks".
Attached Images
File Type: png sidekicks.png (365.1 KB, 5 views)
spannclann is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old January 5th, 2023, 06:56 AM
Wizards has made two versions of sidekicks; those in the Essentials Kit and those in Tasha's. Both are programmed into the Community Pack.

The Essentials Kit ones are NOT designed to be added to any race, neither by WotC nor by the Community Pack. Those are the ones labeled with the "Sidekicks" source.

The Tasha's ones ARE designed to be added to anything.

I've said this before; I highly recommend not selecting every source for every hero/monster in your portfolios, and instead just selecting the sources for things you know you want or need. Selecting it all inevitably makes problems like this, because the system has gotten so big as to create confusion.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote