Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old October 29th, 2022, 11:09 PM
Yeah I'd make it a shield under armor, then bootstrap the blade weapon to that.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old October 30th, 2022, 01:42 PM
Not sure how to do the bootstrap thing.
Provos is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old October 31st, 2022, 11:41 AM
The easiest way to do it would be thus:
  • Add the blade weapon as its own thing in the weapon tab, based on whatever weapon is closest to it, tweaking as needed.
  • Add that weapon to a character like any other just to make sure it looks right; damage dice, attack modifiers, etc.
  • Once you're satisfied with the weapon, add the Helper.Helper tag to it in the Editor. This will tell Hero Lab to make it NOT chooseable like a sword or spear, essentially hiding it from someone picking it from the in-game weapon menu.
  • Then on the shield in the editor, click the Bootstraps button and add the weapon to that.
  • Now when the shield is chosen, the weapon should automatically be added to the hero as well.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old November 1st, 2022, 08:33 PM
How/where do I add the helper.helper tag?
Provos is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old November 2nd, 2022, 07:45 AM
Under Tags in the editor. When we say bloop.blep, the "bloop" is the group and the "blep" is the Tag ID.

Fenris447 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old November 2nd, 2022, 12:34 PM
Thanks I got it working.
Provos is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old November 6th, 2022, 09:07 PM
I have an object that; is a thrown weapon, can be loaded with an flasks of acid, fire, etc, and can be ammo in a crossbow.

What would be the most correct way to add it?
Provos is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old February 3rd, 2023, 10:10 AM
So I added a Tracker item to auto calculate psi points for my Dark Sun races. I got it working and bootstrapped it to all my races and it works and shows up under in play. The issue I am having now is that some magic items in Dark Sun add psi points. I am trying to figure out how to add to the value that I calculated.
Please no answer about finding something that adjust something on in play. I realize that. I can't find something or I wouldn't be asking.
Provos is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 3rd, 2023, 07:59 PM
With debugging enabled, right click on your Tracker and look at its Fields. You'll see there are useful fields like trkMax and trkMin that you can manipulate through eval scripts.

Fenris447 is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old February 9th, 2023, 03:59 PM
I am trying to adapt the eval script for my Psi Point adjustment which I have put in the In Play tab tracker area. My tracker is named trkPsiPnt and I need to edit the trkMax value.

I found an adjustment that changes Ability: User/Period. I am not sure how to adjust this to make it work for me.

Code:
 ~ If we're not enabled, get out now
      doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)
      ~ If nothing chosen, get out now
      doneif (field[pChosen].ischosen = 0)

~ Adjust the tracker Max Value up or down
      field[pChosen].chosen.field[trkMax].value += field[pAdjust].value
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Psi Tracker Debug Screen.jpg (114.3 KB, 2 views)
Provos is offline   #20 Reply With Quote