Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Provos

Old January 19th, 2023, 01:27 PM
Greetings I am adding a bunch of custom armors for my Dark Sun game and they have different max dex allowed. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this in 5e like there was in 3.5. Any suggestions?
Provos is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old January 21st, 2023, 08:29 AM
Basically you can treat this like a pre-requisite. Find something that requires a minimum dexterity (or other score) and use that code, changing the math appropriately.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old February 16th, 2023, 07:27 AM
Still haven't found an example to use for this. If anyone knows a possible example to check out I would appreciate it.
Provos is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 20th, 2023, 04:52 PM
Looked at the Defensive Duelist feat. In your Expr-reqs, add the reason as something like "Requires Dexterity 15 or lower." For the Pre-requisite expression, do:

Code:
#attrvalue[aDEX] <= 15

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old February 20th, 2023, 05:01 PM
I was talking about allow +2 or +3 from your dex to be allowed to be added to your ac. Medium armors in 5e seem to default to +2 but for special materials I wanted to allow say +3.
Provos is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 20th, 2023, 08:03 PM
Ah.

Well, this is going to be both complicated and imperfect. Imperfect because I've never found a way to change the "Max. Dex.: +2" text to say anything else. Complicated because it's got a lot going on.

The key here is going to be hero.childfound[ArmorClass].field[tACDexMod].value. Set at a timing of Post-Attributes 3000, this is where Hero Lab stores the hero's AC that it's getting from its DEX. Normally, that's going to max out at 2 with any medium armor. But you should be able to grab the DEX mod, check if it's 3 (or whatever your custom armor allows), and change it to match what you want manually. Look up Just make sure you make the timing very late in the Post-Attributes phase or later.

Try something like:

hero.childfound[ArmorClass].field[tACDexMod].value = minimum(3,hero.childfound[aDEX].field[aModBonus].value)

You might have to play with the timings, pushing it deep (10,000+) into the Final Phase, since there's plenty that could add or subtract from your DEX bonus.

Fenris447 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old February 28th, 2023, 06:16 PM
Comment I received that works to change the value but not the Max Dex text.

AFTER PostAttr 2000 that sets
"herofield[tMaxDex].value = 3".

Last edited by Provos; February 28th, 2023 at 06:27 PM.
Provos is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 28th, 2023, 06:58 PM
Oh wow. I just played around with that and it seems to work perfectly.

Last edited by Fenris447; March 1st, 2023 at 02:55 PM.
Fenris447 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old March 1st, 2023, 06:11 PM
Hoping to figuring out how this is controlled to make it say what the eval script does. Though for right now I just have it as part of the items description.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-03-01 052632.jpg (15.2 KB, 4 views)
Provos is offline   #9 Reply With Quote