Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

TaylorBland

Old December 23rd, 2022, 01:39 PM
Okay, so i read an article about using the MTG 5-color system instead of the traditional 9-Alignments for DND. i wanted to try it, so that they are a bit more freeform based on personality types rather than archetypes.

How does one go about adding them into the 5e rules using the editor? I can't find where they are located to create new ones

thanks ahead of time
TaylorBland is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old December 23rd, 2022, 04:31 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think this is something you can do in the editor. As far as I know, they're totally hard coded, it's never been done in the 5e Community Pack, and we don't have the ability to see exactly how they're coded. It could theoretically be possible if we knew what the code for an aligment looked like. But I don't know how we could do that.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 1st, 2023, 04:09 PM
Check the component tags. Enable datafile debugging. Create a structure file to hold the new alignments. Then make them as "things" using the appropriate component tags you find in the data files. This method takes a little more work but it can be done easily enough. You can create a homebrew alignment data file, open it in a text editor and create the things you need. Check the hlkitwiki page for information on creating "things". It's not impossible to work around what's in the data files to add things, you just need to get your hands dirty under the hood.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote