Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

jbearwillis

Old November 13th, 2022, 01:17 PM
I was wondering if there was a way get this to work in Hero Lab, I am working on inputting the Greyhawk Rebooted 5e book into the program. I am currently working on the half-Ogre, I have everything in and working, except this ability.

Big Hands:
You can wield two-handed weapons in only one hand. You ignore the two-handed weapon property. In addition, when wielding weapons with the versatile property in one hand, you may roll the two-handed damage die instead. If you have the dual wielder feat, you gain this benefit with both hands.

Is there a way that will automatically make this work without having to make new weapons, etc... as removing the need for 2 hands with these weapons - like removing the tags or something along those lines?

Any help is most appreciated... Thank you
jbearwillis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old November 13th, 2022, 08:10 PM
Yeah check the tags on two-handed weapons. I'd remove the two-handed tag and the versatile tag. Make its wDieSize field equal its wDSizVers field.

You might want to make it a choice field; let the player choose any two-handed weapon that they have, then use that chosen field to manipulate the chosen weapon as stated above. I don't have HL in front of me at the moment; just play around with a dummy weapon to check on the appropriate tag and field names.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old November 18th, 2022, 10:10 AM
I am interested if you get this working. The Half Giant in Dark Sun homebrew is using a very similar system.
Provos is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old November 18th, 2022, 04:05 PM
I haven't had time this week to work on it, I am going to start on it tomorrow and try to figure it out...
jbearwillis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote