Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Viking2054

Old May 18th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Why would a megacorporation or other corporations that affects millions or billions of peoples lives on a daily basis be relegated to information dispersal on a by encounter basis? I'd put corporations that have a presence in the region as read at the players leisure. Make anything that isn't a secret the players have to find out about visible for the players to read about any time they want. Now secrets related to the adventure, I'd keep private until they discover it and then reveal it to them so when you sync at the end of the game session they can review the information away from the game table.
Viking2054 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old May 18th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Actually, since my list of megacons would be incomplete I would hand my players more information than necessary if I prereveal the mega-corps of the upcoming adventure (E.g. they would know who might be involved). Thus I would only reveal what they heard and then it's explained as well.

In my case the "live" reveal feature would act also primarily as lookup-reference after a session. During the session I'll "explain" the story and description to the player and don't show them text on a 2nd TV to read from.

The feature is probably great at session start as recap, or when "collecting" the clues or to review a lot of information, if the players are in thinking / planning mode.

It has to be seen if the live feature will find a use in my rounds.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old May 18th, 2015, 06:15 PM
thanks guys
i think im just gonna enter the general info into the Sources section and create entries in Organizations:Corporations for the secret stuff.
adzling is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old May 18th, 2015, 06:17 PM
hey have any of you replaced the default "classes" entries on the personal info snippet?
adzling is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old May 19th, 2015, 05:11 AM
I would recommend duplicating it, removing all the classes, then adding the archetypes. Then put your new snippet in the topic template, removing the old.

So "Classes" gets duplicated to "Archetype"
Remove all entries from Archetype
Add new ones (Street-Sam, Face, Decker, Mage, etc...)
Go to the Templates where the Class Snippet is, and remove it.
Add the Archetype snippet in its place.

This would help keep out the possible issues when the marketplace comes out, or issues that may occur with sharing with your players.

At least, that WAS best practices a few months ago. I started copying all templates, and making new ones when I customize now, including Topics. Just to be safe.

I know I take it overboard, but that's just what I do.

You "in theory" could just delete "Fighter, Rogue, etc..." and put in "Shaman, Face, Technomancer" but You'd have to ask Rob on that.

As for your Organizations:Corporations for secret stuff... I'd actually put the base common knowledge in the overview for each one, and then reveal ONLY that. It won't tip them off as to who's pulling strings if you put in as many as you can (i.e. not just Horizon and Ares, but also K.E., L.S., ViaComSoft, etc...)

You'd actually have enough info that they'd not know where to look.

AND, you can keep adding them in as you get time. This makes them think that you're still putting in entries, throwing them off the scent that 3/5 of the first set were directly involved.

Just a thought.
Pollution is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old May 19th, 2015, 05:51 AM
Thanks Pollution this helps.

Man it would be nice to have a base configuration for Shadowrun.

Any other points for organization that you use specific to Shadowrun?
adzling is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old May 19th, 2015, 06:15 AM
I don't actually run SR anymore.

Just PF for me (and some WoD).

But the customization of RW really makes SR pretty easy to set up IMO. It's just a question of HOW you want to do it.

you can set up Astral to be a Celestial entry, and Matrix to be Dimensional, or just put put an Astral entry and a Matrix entry in the topic.

There's really no wrong way to do it. It's just a question of how much you want to customize.
Pollution is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old May 21st, 2015, 07:34 AM
Has anyone entered / created a run that uses the standard Srun format in a snippet layout?

i.e.....

1) story arc overview (a container for multiple scenes):
Adventure Background (snippet)
Mission Synopsis (snippet)

2). then each Plot Point has a Snippet for each of the sections below:
Scan This
Tell it to them Straight
Behind the Scenes
Debugging
Pushing the Envelope

I don't see a way to assign snippets to a Plot Point, only external content.

Do I create a realmworks "Scene", enter "Snippet" content for the scene then assign the Scene to a Plot Point?

This seems rather convoluted and inobvious.

Why not put the Snippets directly into the Plot Point?

Anyone offer me some advice on how to best approach this?

thanks
adzling is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old May 21st, 2015, 12:51 PM
When you jump from the plot view into a scene (or other) topic you can see on top area a "table of contents" area. If you unhide that it will show all the sections from the current topic that you can click on (and jump to the corresponding section). There you could jump easily around between those areas. Thus you could safely link to the topics knowing that you can find the section starting points immediately after you have opened the topic.

I actually took the adventure sections and changed the format to make it fit the scenes topic layout. But customize to book format might also be a nice way of doing it.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old May 21st, 2015, 01:58 PM
Sorry this is confusing to me.

Are you saying create the entries as a "Scene" under "Events" and then link the "Scene" to the "Plot Point"?

thanks
adzling is offline   #20 Reply With Quote