Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kingpaul

Send a message via AIM to kingpaul Send a message via MSN to kingpaul Send a message via Yahoo to kingpaul

Old February 12th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I just d/l'd 1.0g to try out new improvements. I created a 1st level Cleric, and granted them the War Domain. I didn't get Weapon Focus. I then tried to edit, but couldn't create a Deity, give the deity a favored weapon, and then have the Cleric get Weapon Focus (deity's favored weapon). Do you know when this will be implemented?
kingpaul is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 13th, 2007, 02:28 AM
At 10:06 PM 2/12/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
I created a 1st level Cleric, and granted them the War Domain. I didn't get Weapon Focus. I then tried to edit, but couldn't create a Deity, give the deity a favored weapon, and then have the Cleric get Weapon Focus (deity's favored weapon). Do you know when this will be implemented?
The ability to directly assign Weapon Focus as a chained behavior is something that was on my list to add support for in this week's release. Unfortunatley, since I ended up flat on my back with the flu virtually all of last week, and I don't have that dealt with yet, it's unlikely to make it into the release this week.

There's nothing difficult about adding it. It's just going to take a chunk of time to implement explicitly targeted broadcasting to things. If it doesn't get in this week, it should definitely be in the following release, at which point it can be readily leveraged in the data files.

-Rob
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kingpaul

Send a message via AIM to kingpaul Send a message via MSN to kingpaul Send a message via Yahoo to kingpaul

Old February 13th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
At 10:06 PM 2/12/2007, you wrote:
Unfortunatley, since I ended up flat on my back with the flu virtually all of last week, and I don't have that dealt with yet, it's unlikely to make it into the release this week.
Hope you get better. Being sick's no fun.
kingpaul is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 13th, 2007, 03:57 PM
At 03:30 AM 2/13/2007, you wrote:
>The ability to directly assign Weapon Focus as a chained behavior is
>something that was on my list to add support for in this week's release.

It's actually a bug that's causing it not to show up for Clerics of
War (one of the ones we fixed earlier this week). It'll be returned
to full functionality with the next patch.

--
Colen McAlister (colen@wolflair.com)
Chief Engineer, Lone Wolf Development
http://www.wolflair.com/
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sigil

Old February 27th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Would it be possible to place the available deites into a drop down menu. this would be very handy. Would it also be possibel to restrict the player to certian detties?

Thanks,
Scott
Sigil is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DannyBoy2k

Old February 27th, 2007, 03:48 PM
The problem here is that if you play, for instance, Forgotten, the deities numbers in the dozens, if not the hundreds. And that is only one pantheon. Add Greyhawk, Dragonlance, Eberron, Deities and Demigods accessory...I would think that that menu would be enormous.

-------------
By Lenin's Beard Gel!
DannyBoy2k is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sigil

Old February 27th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Very true. But if I am playing Forgotten Realms why would I want the other Deities in the list? Only have the Deities in the list from the campaign your using will cut down on the menu clutter. I have seen at least one other program have this feature and do it well. So I thnk there should be a possible easy to use menu solution. But you are correct if every deity is stuffed into that would be akward. Maybe how many deities could be left up to the user.

/Scott
Sigil is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
DannyBoy2k

Old February 27th, 2007, 04:40 PM
True enough, even though just THAT list is immense. But, then we have to problem of ANOTHER menu, to tell HL which world we are playing in. Concievably a large list, if we keep adding on various d20 campaign worlds, pre-made and home-made both.

-------------
By Lenin's Beard Gel!
DannyBoy2k is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sigil

Old February 27th, 2007, 05:00 PM
I do not think the size of the Dieties list would be such a problem. Just look at the size of the equipment list. Would you want to cut down on the size of that because it is to large? On starting HL I have a different game for each of the differnt campaign I play in.
The way I figure it the more people like us bat ideas back and forth the better HL will get|-)!!

/Scott
Sigil is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
DannyBoy2k

Old February 28th, 2007, 05:32 AM
18 Greater, 8 Intermediate, and 14 Lesser Deities. 17 Demi-deities. 30 in the Maztican/Mulhorandi/Zakharan pantheons. 13 Dragon deities, 6 Drow, 14 Dwarven, 12 Elven, 9 Giant, 8 Gnome, 6 Halfling, 6 Orcish, 22 'other'. ALL of this just for Forgotten and NOT counting aspects. While most of these are unusual, they still exist and most likely will, sooner or later, pop up in SOME campaign. That is ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY THREE gods! I can see how the head-ache will build...

I will agree that it would be VERY nice to have the dieties, but I don't see HOW....think i would be easier with a 'fill in yourself'-slot.

-------------
By Lenin's Beard Gel!
DannyBoy2k is offline   #10 Reply With Quote