Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Provos

Old December 20th, 2020, 07:36 PM
A question about improvised weapons. Some of the creatures from RotRL seem to use improvised weapons. What is the best way to give the penalty to hit with the weapon?

I have also started adding all the creatures and items from RotRL to a separate .user file so I can share that when I am done making it.

I am also trying to use the tactical console to manage encounters. Is there a guide to using it?
Provos is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 20th, 2020, 10:15 PM
Code:
var index as number
      index = field[cClsIndex].value

hero.child[kJump].field[kInnate].arrayvalue[index] += 4
That's exactly what I've used and had it work. What Timing?
I've got Phase "First" and 100 or 5000. (I don't know why I have different priority used)

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old December 20th, 2020, 10:51 PM
Thanks Dami. When I switched the timing to "First" from "Pre-User" where I normally do thing it works.
Provos is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old December 21st, 2020, 10:07 PM
When creating the giant gecko for RotRL it has an ability called Expert Climber(EX). The ability is basically a permanent spider climb to the creature. Should I add that to the skill check or not? It already has a racial adjustment for climb and balance and the description for expert climber says it stacks. It basically allows them to take 10 on climb checks.
Provos is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old December 22nd, 2020, 11:04 PM
I took a look at copper dragon as it has the same ablity of non magical spider climb. It doesn't have the numbers added to the skill so I will leave it the same was.

I am having trouble with the editor for some of the creatures I am inputting. On some of them using the Base attack bonus area I can affect the attack bonuses for natural attack and sometimes it doesn't do anything. It doesn't even seem to change the BaB area in HeroLab when I pull the creature up. I have the same problem with the Fort, Reflex, and will save bonus area. For some creatures it works for some it doesn't. Any ideas why that is happening? Is there a better way to do it?
Attached Images
File Type: png Editor Problems.png (68.6 KB, 5 views)
Provos is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 23rd, 2020, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provos View Post
I took a look at copper dragon as it has the same ablity of non magical spider climb. It doesn't have the numbers added to the skill so I will leave it the same was.

I am having trouble with the editor for some of the creatures I am inputting. On some of them using the Base attack bonus area I can affect the attack bonuses for natural attack and sometimes it doesn't do anything. It doesn't even seem to change the BaB area in HeroLab when I pull the creature up. I have the same problem with the Fort, Reflex, and will save bonus area. For some creatures it works for some it doesn't. Any ideas why that is happening? Is there a better way to do it?
Difficult to say without seeing the user file or at least a portfolio showing the issue. Could be other things on the creature affecting it, or scripts over-writing the changes you make.
Sendric is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old December 24th, 2020, 08:11 PM
Yeah makes sense. I think I fixed it.

I seem to need to add a source called Book of Fiends as some feats and classes for creatures are used in the adventure path. I think I should have the source in its own subscection but I am not sure how to do that. something like this
Code:
Green Ronin Publishing
   Book of Fiends

Last edited by Provos; December 24th, 2020 at 09:32 PM.
Provos is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old December 24th, 2020, 10:11 PM
OK figured out the source thing. didn't realize I need to edit the Custom-Sources.1st file. I also figured you need to reload the game system to see the changes. *facepalm*
Provos is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 26th, 2020, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provos View Post
OK figured out the source thing. didn't realize I need to edit the Custom-Sources.1st file. I also figured you need to reload the game system to see the changes. *facepalm*
You don't. In fact, if you edit any files in the community set (this is one of them), those changes will get over-written with the next update. Instead, you can do one of two things. Create your own .1st file and include any sources you need or when you create your new user file, create the source on the first thing you make. This can be done in the editor by selecting "New Source" in the source selection menu.

You do need to re-load when you create new things and new sources, though.
Sendric is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old December 26th, 2020, 06:05 AM
I did the smart thing and made a duplicate of the game system before I started doing all my changes just to make sure I don't lose anything if there is an update. =)
Provos is offline   #20 Reply With Quote