Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rwglaub

Old February 25th, 2015, 02:43 AM
I am learning how to use the editor. How do I copy a magic ring (or some other item) then modify it to make it not take up a slot?

Robert Glaub
rwglaub@yahoo.com
rwglaub is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old February 25th, 2015, 02:48 AM
new(copy) will copy a thing you choose...as long as it isn't one of the protected LW things
psych777 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rwglaub

Old February 25th, 2015, 03:13 AM
I want to copy rings like Ring of Protection, etc in the Core rules. How do I find them?

Robert Glaub
rwglaub@yahoo.com
rwglaub is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old February 25th, 2015, 03:24 AM
i went into editor, equipment tab, ring tab, clicked new (copy). after you click New (Copy), in the text box at the top type in ring of prot (or whatever other item you want, just remember to look for the tab of that item type) and by that point you will see a list of the rings starting with that text. chose the one you want to copy. if it is copy protected a popup message will tell you. i just copied the ring of protection +1 and it didn't complain
psych777 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rwglaub

Old February 25th, 2015, 04:07 AM
I copied the item successfully. Added one bootstrap which is the slotless (it shouldn't count against the number of rings activated). It still shows up in red when I add it to a character. Is there a way to change the number of rings that can be worn/activated?

Robert Glaub
rwglaub@yahoo.com
rwglaub is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old February 25th, 2015, 05:24 AM
i can't figure out how its identifying the amount worn so don't know how to manipulate it. not sure why the slotless isn't working
psych777 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 25th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Look at the tags on the hero when you have the ring equipped. What tag looks like it might relate to slots? Then unequip a ring, what tags go away?
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old February 25th, 2015, 10:12 AM
ahh. i had been looking at tags/fields on the ring itself and then fields on the hero.

so only thing i can see (although i don't see how it shows relating to slots) is Hero.EqpRing

i added a script to remove that tag from the hero when the ring is equipped, and it removes all Hero.EqpRing tags no matter how many rings you check as equipped. course if i unequip just the custom ring all the other rings turn red if more than 2 are checked. guess it all depends on how many rings rwglaub wants to be able to wear

i did
perform hero.delete[Hero.EqpRing] at Final 10000

not sure what timing it 'should' be at. it didn't work at pre-levels 5000 so i just went late in the process.
psych777 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 25th, 2015, 10:32 AM
If you are just trying to get "extra" rings. Take a look at the script on the "Hand of Glory" magic item as it allows one additional ring to be worn.

Otherwise you could put a script into a mechanic to always run and do the delete tags on the hero. Then you could wear as many rings as you wanted and would not have to modify every single Ring in the game.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old February 25th, 2015, 10:49 AM
yeah not sure what he wants exactly other than slotless rings. was just trying to help him out
psych777 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote