Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rwglaub

Old February 12th, 2015, 06:36 AM
How do I create custom magic items? PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME TO WATCH THE VIDEO! I need something that I can print out and refer to over and over again.

Robert Glaub
rwglaub@yahoo.com
rwglaub is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 12th, 2015, 07:06 AM
If you mean creating custom items through the editor, like a pair of boots which turn your hair pink, then I can't give you advice unless I know what you are trying to accomplish and what you have so far.

If you mean "how do I make a +1 flaming longsword", then you add that through the top table on the weapons tab, and then can choose what base weapon, enhancement bonus, and item powers are. Similar deal with custom armors.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 12th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwglaub View Post
How do I create custom magic items? PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME TO WATCH THE VIDEO! I need something that I can print out and refer to over and over again.
I just can't stop myself. So please go watch the videos.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old February 12th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowchemosh View Post
i just can't stop myself. So please go watch the videos.
lol
psych777 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rwglaub

Old February 12th, 2015, 07:44 PM
For one thing I would like to create magic items that are slotless. One of my players came up with bootstraps that confer bonuses on stealth. How do I create that? The slotless items are the big thing.

Also, is there a way to add pluses to elven chain? My characters love the stuff but I can't find any way to add pluses to it.

Robert Glaub
rwglaub@yahoo.com
rwglaub is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old February 12th, 2015, 08:20 PM
i'm not sure what you mean by slotless so i can't respond to that.
but for the elven chain, when you click to select a magic armor, instead of searching and picking elven chain, the very first item on the list is 'custom/magic armor'. choose that one, then select elven chain and a + that is desired
psych777 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 12th, 2015, 10:19 PM
Quote:
For one thing I would like to create magic items that are slotless. One of my players came up with bootstraps that confer bonuses on stealth. How do I create that? The slotless items are the big thing.
You didn't actually answer Aaron's question above. So I am going to assume you mean in the "Editor" how do you do this. So my answer is pretty typical of reading FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor. And sorry to say it has links to videos.

And when in the editor you simply do not select a "Slot" for you wondrous item when you make it. That will make it slotless.

Quote:
Also, is there a way to add pluses to elven chain? My characters love the stuff but I can't find any way to add pluses to it.
What psych777 says is true for this but only because he already has at least the community Pathfinder Basic Pack installed. See according to the "rules as written" elven chain is a specific suite of armor and can't be made +1. So you can't make a +1 elven chain without installing the "Pathfinder Basic Pack". Then you can turn on "ShadowChemosh Equipment" and you will find a new armor type of Elven Chain and then you can make it +1 just like you would a suite of Plate Mail.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; February 12th, 2015 at 10:30 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rwglaub

Old February 20th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Figured out to do the elven chain. How do I create rings that do not take up an equipment slot? How can I create a piece of gear (bootstrap) that adds to stealth? I could not find any way to create either.

Robert Glaub
rwglaub@yahoo.com
rwglaub is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rwglaub

Old February 25th, 2015, 02:40 AM
Update: Figured out how to do the Bootstraps of Pass Without Trace. Now working on Rings so I can make them not to take up a slot. Is there a way I can copy a modify a magic item? Making one from scratch is a pain...

Robert Glaub
rwglaub@yahoo.com
rwglaub is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 25th, 2015, 08:03 AM
The New (Copy) button in the lower left, but the item has to be from the core or you can't save it, only view the copy.
Aaron is offline   #10 Reply With Quote