Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

mototom

Old October 15th, 2020, 12:00 PM
One limitation I'm surprised about is for scene-specific characters. I've created a few characters and subsequently realized that they need to be recurring cast, or the encounter works out in a way that they turn out to be ongoing cast or even GM NPC. It would be great if we could duplicate/move characters between general cast and scenes in a campaign, and if they follow the PC rules between scenes/cast/PCs.
mototom is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 16th, 2020, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
One limitation I'm surprised about is for scene-specific characters. I've created a few characters and subsequently realized that they need to be recurring cast, or the encounter works out in a way that they turn out to be ongoing cast or even GM NPC. It would be great if we could duplicate/move characters between general cast and scenes in a campaign, and if they follow the PC rules between scenes/cast/PCs.
The backend fully supports these capabilities already. Are they not yet exposed via the UI? If not, then that's an oversight we'll need to circle back and address. I'll make a note to talk to the UI team about this...
rob is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old October 16th, 2020, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
The backend fully supports these capabilities already. Are they not yet exposed via the UI? If not, then that's an oversight we'll need to circle back and address. I'll make a note to talk to the UI team about this...
Great! Yes, as far as I can see, there is only the ability to duplicate script NPCs within scripts right now.

Campaign cast have the option to duplicate within the campaign, or copy outside the campaign, but can be moved into a script.

I haven't built an NPC using PC rules, so I don't know if those might have the option to move to PCs and Players already.
mototom is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old October 19th, 2020, 02:16 PM
My wish list includes more information for scene scripts. I'd like to add the room text, and a big wish list item would be to note the threat level.

In my ideal implementation, the PF2 stage would display the encounter budget and the remaining encounter budget based on threat level, number of party members, and the average party level. My group is usually more than the standard 4, but may vary between 5 and 7 each week.

I generally have to wait until the session, then duplicate creatures or add templates based on the number of players and the threat level. It would great to see as soon as I load up the scene how far off I am from the target threat level.
mototom is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
Judg3Na5h

Old October 21st, 2020, 04:04 AM
Hi. One feature I'd love in Settings would be to 'hide NPC names' in scene scripts. Don't want my PCs to know character names or monster names until I'm ready to reveal them.
Didn't realise this was the case - We were on the stage about to fight, so when I loaded the scene script they immediately knew who they were fighting from the tracker!
Judg3Na5h is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old October 24th, 2020, 02:44 PM
A way to track battle medicine in PF2.

Our groups have figured out that if everybody takes medicine and then battle medicine, we have more healing that the doctors surgery... but it would be nice to track who you have done it on.
Happydevil43 is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82

Old October 29th, 2020, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judg3Na5h View Post
Hi. One feature I'd love in Settings would be to 'hide NPC names' in scene scripts. Don't want my PCs to know character names or monster names until I'm ready to reveal them.
Didn't realise this was the case - We were on the stage about to fight, so when I loaded the scene script they immediately knew who they were fighting from the tracker!
I would like this functionality also. I sold this problem at the table by setting a lot of NPCs to come in "off stage" You can still roll their initiative hidden from the PC view of the stage and only move them on stage when the PCs encounter them.
Thrawn82 is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82

Old October 29th, 2020, 09:24 AM
Somthing that I have run into multiple times now: I could really really like a "custom Affliction" option under afflictions. It's less of an issue for poisons which last an encounter, but diseases or something that can be present on a character for many sessions if not permanently. The ones available to add don't include any of the diseases that bestiary monsters can apply so it's really clunky to try to hand record in a notebook and remember which PCs have what stage of Filth fever or ghoul fever. I understand the long backlog for getting the diseases from current products coded in but being able to add a blank affliction with a definable name would go a really long way to relieving this frustration until those diseases are in properly.
Thrawn82 is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old October 31st, 2020, 09:51 AM
A minor quibble that I'd like to see changed—who decided to refer to the typical damage types (at least in PF2) as "Blud," "Slsh," etc.? I don't see a need to invent new, abbreviated versions of these terms for HLO.

Please, please either spell these out, as they appear in every Pathfinder 2 stat block I can think of. Or, if space is at a premium, use B, S, or P as in the Core Rulebook.
mototom is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 2nd, 2020, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn82 View Post
Somthing that I have run into multiple times now: I could really really like a "custom Affliction" option under afflictions. It's less of an issue for poisons which last an encounter, but diseases or something that can be present on a character for many sessions if not permanently. The ones available to add don't include any of the diseases that bestiary monsters can apply so it's really clunky to try to hand record in a notebook and remember which PCs have what stage of Filth fever or ghoul fever. I understand the long backlog for getting the diseases from current products coded in but being able to add a blank affliction with a definable name would go a really long way to relieving this frustration until those diseases are in properly.
I'm sorry we haven't had time yet to add all the afflictions from the bestiaries. We're always a bunch of insanely busy morally challenged minions around here. Your suggestion is a great idea and I'm adding it to our to-do list right now.
Hollis is offline   #80 Reply With Quote