Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Lord Magus

Old March 17th, 2021, 04:19 AM
Can it be done in PF HeroLab? I've seen that it can be done in D&D 5 (in its tutorial), but can't seem to translate that to PF...

If it's doable, what would be the best approach? I want to grant the ranger spellcasting progression through a feat (ideally), or through an archetype or template if feat is not doable.
Lord Magus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2021, 07:23 AM
An example from PF1 would be the Fighter archetype Child of Acavna and Amaznen.

The PF1 ranger is already a spellcaster, though.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old March 17th, 2021, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the pointer!

(It's not that I want to give spell casting to the ranger, I want to be able to give the same spellcasting progression that the ranger has to a non-casting character.)
Lord Magus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old November 20th, 2021, 07:21 PM
Update: I have been able to reproduce an archetype granting spellcasting, applicable to many classes (based on the Child of Acavna and the alternate capstones).

I am now blocked because I want to allow this archetype (and, in fact, all classes in the game) to have access to any spell on any spell list. At least for this archetype, how can it be done? The Child of Acavna only gives access to the Bloodrager spell list, through the Fighter Spells ability. If I remove this bootstrapped ability and try to give access to other spell lists through the archetype clickable options, it just does not work. Any pointers or examples I could look at? Thanks!
Lord Magus is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
raithe000

Old November 20th, 2021, 07:56 PM
The bootstrap isn't what is giving spellcasting. There are a series of tags that grant access to different spellcasting lists. These tags are automatically added in the "Uses Which Spells" options under the Spellcasting Details section of the archetype. However, not all of the tags available in said option actually grant access to spellcasting lists, so make sure you check the right ones (i.e. wizard, cleric, bard) to get that spell list. You can combine multiple lists together to get as many spells as you like.

Also, make sure that Spells Cast Per Level and Spells Known Per Level have entries, otherwise your class will have access to the spell lists but no way to use them.
raithe000 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 21st, 2021, 07:21 AM
Agent of the Grave allows a character to take wizard or cleric spells that deal with the undead, as a non-cleric or as a non-wizard.

You could check the archetype out, it might help.
Ualaa is offline   #6 Reply With Quote