Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Senko

Old November 23rd, 2021, 02:20 PM
I'm trying to change the many forms mythic ability so that at 9th tier the polymorph effect changes from 10 minutes a tier to 1 hour a tier. I know how it goes from 1 minute to 10 minutes this script . . .

Phase - Post Levels; Priority - 10000; Index - 6
field[abDuration].value += field[xTotalLev].value

if (#tiereffect[] >= 6) then
field[abDuration].value *= 10
endif

and the original defination is this . . .

phase - render; priority - 10000; index - 7
field[livename].text = field[thingname].text & " (" & field[abDuration].value & " minutes)"
field[abSumm].text = "{i}Alter self{/i} at will, spend 1 power to use {i}polymorph{/i} for " & field[abDuration].value & " minutes."

So would this script work to change it to 1 hour at 9th tier?

Phase - render Levels; Priority - 10000; Index - 8
if (#tiereffect[] >= 9) then
field[livename].text = field[thingname].text & " (" & field[abDuration].value & " hour)"
field[abSumm].text = "{i}Alter self{/i} at will, spend 1 power to use {i}polymorph{/i} for " & field[abDuration].value & " hour."

field[abDuration].value *= 1
endif
Senko is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2021, 02:39 PM
Minutes vs. hours will be stored as a tag on the pick. So just delete the minutes tag and assign an hours tag - a little debugging should let you find an example of exactly what the hours tag is.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old November 23rd, 2021, 06:52 PM
I want it to change at 9th tier while continuing to work as it already does before that though.tiers 1-5 is tier minutes and tier 6 - 8 is tier 10 minutes as it currenlty is. I just want to have it change again from 10 minutes a tier to 1 hour a tier for the last two.
Senko is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2021, 07:26 PM
You can change the tag only at tier 9+ - just stop multiplying by 10 at that point, since you're back to x1, instead of the x10 it had been from 6-8
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old November 23rd, 2021, 10:15 PM
That's the second part of the script

field[abDuration].value *= 1
endif

I'm just wondering more about the changing minutes to hours part.

Phase - render Levels; Priority - 10000; Index - 8
field[livename].text = field[thingname].text & " (" & field[abDuration].value & " hour)"
field[abSumm].text = "{i}Alter self{/i} at will, spend 1 power to use {i}polymorph{/i} for " & field[abDuration].value & " hour."

Especially index as I haven't located it in the tutorials yet hoping have time look properly tommorow.

EDIT
Hmm or I can make a houserule that's just hours and swap from the official one to the housruled one later good idea.

Last edited by Senko; November 24th, 2021 at 12:34 AM.
Senko is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 24th, 2021, 06:22 AM
I'm saying there is a better way to do this than changing the livename - change the tags, and then HL will handle changing the livename automatically, if this is an ability that already displays its duration in the livename.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old November 24th, 2021, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm saying there is a better way to do this than changing the livename - change the tags, and then HL will handle changing the livename automatically, if this is an ability that already displays its duration in the livename.
The tags I can see on the original abilty (non-copieable just replicated) are appending spell information for polymorph and alter self, a user activation one a spec source mythic archmage, an ability type supernatural, a helper activ menu, another helper adj polymorph, another helper mythic. None of them seem to be particularly tied to minutes.

Last edited by Senko; November 24th, 2021 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Misunderstood previous post
Senko is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 24th, 2021, 11:29 AM
The abDuration at tier 9+ will be x1, like for tier 1-5, but you're changing the units that are used to label that value from "minutes" to "hours".
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old November 24th, 2021, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The abDuration at tier 9+ will be x1, like for tier 1-5, but you're changing the units that are used to label that value from "minutes" to "hours".
I thought that was what livename did as the only abdjuration I can see on this ability is . . .

which doesn't appear to have any identifiers to define it as minutes or hours.
Attached Files
File Type: email Many Form.user (7.0 KB, 1 views)
Senko is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 24th, 2021, 11:59 AM
Was this copied from something of ours? This is not handling the name generation the way I would expect it to - not using the most efficient way.

Among the editor settings should be duration settings - there should be a selector for the units for the duration. Then, in the automatic livename options should be a checkbox to include the duration. Then, you can delete the line that's setting the duration in the script.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote