Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Senko

Old October 9th, 2021, 06:21 PM
So my character portrait has just started generating a whole bunch of errors linked to this polyform which I think has something to do with my familiar.

Some examples . . .

Attempt to access non-live container via script fails for container 'PolyForm' Location:'eval script for Component 'BaseRace' (Eval Script 'Generate Hero.HitDice tags for races') near line 4
Attempt to access non-live container via script fails for container 'PolyForm' Location:'field calculate script for Field 'CIndexMod' near line 15
Attempt to access non-live container via script fails for container 'PolyForm' Location:'eval script for Component 'BaseRace' (Eval Script 'Racia HD Processing') near line 4

there's about a dozen of them all linked to this polyform thing so does anyone know what it is?
Senko is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old October 9th, 2021, 08:22 PM
Can you post the por file?
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old October 9th, 2021, 10:23 PM
Here's the portfolio and datafile (for the things I've made like eidetic memory trait)
Attached Files
File Type: email Test.por (276.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: email Test Datafile.user (65.5 KB, 4 views)
Senko is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old October 10th, 2021, 05:29 PM
This is going to sound crazy, but can you try rebuilding the character in a new por file? I suspect you added and then deleted something with a configurable, and for some reason that thing is still causing the problem. What I would also do is to add 1-2 things to the character, and then re-save the por as a new file. That way you end up with por files for each set of changes you made. Then re open the file, make 1-2 more changes and save again. If the error pops up again we can see what new items where added to the por that might be at fault.
Minous is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old October 10th, 2021, 07:59 PM
It's shapeless familiar. I actually was lucky enough to be playing around with a different character right after adding it so I know 100% that's the problem. I even made a new character in the following order . . .

1) Arcanist + archetypes.
2) Familiar + Archetypes.
3) Levels - 7, improved familiar - Dragon: Faerie.
4) Save, reload, no issues.
5) Add shapeless familiar and select cat save/reload and issues.

However deleting it doesn't stop the error messages so I'm just trying to work out what polyform is as every one of those error messages tracks back to that.

To be even more specific I'm 90% sure its some interaction between the races and the issues only occur after selecting cat in the change shape option for the familiar. See the two attached por's where that's the only difference. It also unselects the option when saving and reloading the portfolio.

Looking at the race - racial special - change shape (raChangesh) there is a gizmo - entity unique id "polyform" bootstraped to damage reduction but I'm not sure where I'd find the polyform its referencing or if that is the issue.
Attached Files
File Type: email temp.por (93.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: email temp 2.por (93.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Senko; October 10th, 2021 at 08:01 PM.
Senko is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 11th, 2021, 07:30 AM
PolyForm means "Polymorph Form", and it's the entity that must be used when you set up a polymorph ability. What's likely going on here is that you're including something polymorph-related, but haven't finished the full setup of that polymorph ability - so the included piece is looking for pieces that are missing.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old October 11th, 2021, 02:03 PM
What though? This is an official ability provided by herola via a suppliment not something I made myself yet it generates all these error messages when you use it. Still I think I've narrowed it down enough I can submit an official bug report.

Last edited by Senko; October 11th, 2021 at 02:25 PM.
Senko is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old October 11th, 2021, 07:09 PM
What do you think is causing the bug? I can see if I can re-create it
Minous is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old October 11th, 2021, 08:07 PM
Its shapeless familiar specifically chosing a form on the familiar. You need to have the wilderness origins suppliment. If you've got that then recreating it (for me) is easy.

1) Select wizard - arcane bond - familiar. (any other class that gets familiars also works).
2) Create familiar and change to them.
3) Select a race for the familiar e.g. cat.
4) Change back to character.
5) Add another 6 levels of wizard (or other class) as feat requires level 7.
6) Select Shapeless familiar feat then pick a race from the drop down box e.g. rabbit.

At this stage you can save and reload fine no issues.

7) Change to the familiar and there's a "Change Shape" ability, click on the hammer and wrench to edit it.
8) Select your other race e.g. rabbit.

Now if you save and reload the portfolio you get the polyform errors. This has been consistent regardless of what else I change. Archetypes, races and the like don't matter. Its fine right up to that final step of selecting the race in the change shape option on the familiar part of the portfolio. As demonstrated with the two portfolios I uploaded two posts back that is all I took on them and the only difference between the two is taking that final step for temp 2. Temp no errors, temp 2 generates them all.
Senko is offline   #9 Reply With Quote