Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

goddelusion

Old September 20th, 2018, 09:31 AM
I believe I have 'painted myself into a corner' with regards to the content in my Story Almanac. I have various categories ('Events', 'People' and 'Community') that simply will not show in the Containing Topic to which it is assigned.

Playing around, I found that if I had certain elements in a 'Storyline' Category, I was unable to view the storyline element in 'Sources' treeview. When I created a new element based on the 'Event'>'Incident' category and moved the content, I was able to have this element display correctly in the Sources.

I believe there is some type of hierarchical association between categories that determines of an element can be displayed (at the correct depth) in a Sources topic.

Can anyone please confirm/deny the previous statement and point me to documentation? Thank you!
goddelusion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
goddelusion

Old September 20th, 2018, 09:38 AM
OK, I believe I found the root cause for this issue. If I delete the 'Containing Topic' reference for the 'Community' element and save, then go to the World Almanac (vs Story Alamanc) and rebind the Community element to the Source element, everything now shows correctly in the Story Almanac. :-)
goddelusion is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 20th, 2018, 09:51 AM
You probably just failed to include the topic in the view.

The story almanac is a view of all the topics of the realm. You have to manually assign topics to it. If you create new topics under a topic, in the main world almanac view, after the creation of the story almanac view those new topics are not added to the story almanac view even if they are contained by a topic that is in the story almanac view.

The ting to do is to create a view and to do all your editing and creating of topics in that view if you are using it for that purpose.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
goddelusion

Old September 20th, 2018, 09:57 AM
And the final piece falls into place...the 'Manage View Assignments' context menu. :-) All squared away now. Thanks for being my sounding board, it helped me find the solution by getting out of my own head.
goddelusion is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
goddelusion

Old September 20th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
You probably just failed to include the topic in the view.

The story almanac is a view of all the topics of the realm. You have to manually assign topics to it. If you create new topics under a topic, in the main world almanac view, after the creation of the story almanac view those new topics are not added to the story almanac view even if they are contained by a topic that is in the story almanac view.

The ting to do is to create a view and to do all your editing and creating of topics in that view if you are using it for that purpose.
Thanks for the advice! Very much appreciated.
goddelusion is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 20th, 2018, 10:26 AM
No worries.

I did a video on that a while back as well that more fully explains views.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id5lOcZQehE

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote