Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

eruvanna

Old September 7th, 2019, 08:06 AM
Still down. Isn't that when it's normally down? When people are actually playing games?
eruvanna is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
civory

Old September 7th, 2019, 08:41 AM
It is beyond me why there can't even be a post where they direct us to look. Even if it is an unplanned outage, it takes... what? A minute to post?

I've seen in their Q&A that they plan to eventually go to a subscription model. That simply can't happen until their level of communication and customer support goes way, way up.
civory is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
wyrdhunter

Old September 7th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Is this standard OP for HLO? It's really not encouraging me to throw any money at it. Ever. >_<
wyrdhunter is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Medriev

Old September 7th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by civory View Post
It is beyond me why there can't even be a post where they direct us to look. Even if it is an unplanned outage, it takes... what? A minute to post?

I've seen in their Q&A that they plan to eventually go to a subscription model. That simply can't happen until their level of communication and customer support goes way, way up.
I agree. I disliked the switch to HLO but have learned to live with it. I am, though, getting increasingly fed up of the random downtime and lagging. Annoyed as well that it is the only real support for PF2E and Starfinder which are my games of choice. If there was another option I would use it.
Medriev is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old September 7th, 2019, 08:47 AM
Agreed with everyone here. Sure, they aern't charging subscription fee yet but we all still paid for content and the license. Bottom line, I can't access what I payed for- this is such a good feeling as a customer.
magpi is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old September 7th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Appears to be up, for now. Let's see how long until it goes back down again....
magpi is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old September 7th, 2019, 09:04 AM
The fact that there's no communication would indicate to me that they were unaware of the outage. Even if it's out of their control, letting us know that they are working feverishly with their service provider would at least give a warm fuzzy that they are engaged, especially outside of normal office hours which are also when the most gaming happens. But they don't, aren't, and didn't. Unfortunately, I'm a little concerned that when LW finally does start charging, we'll get the same lack of communication as has already happened with RW.
flyteach is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old September 7th, 2019, 09:11 AM
@flyteach, agreed. Like you said, this is out of normal office hours but if they want to hamstring their customers with the always online model then guess what? They need to be responsive and at least give us that the illusion that they are working on it when errors crop up during gaming hours.
magpi is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Medriev

Old September 7th, 2019, 09:14 AM
Back up for me too. At least for now.

Will back up to PDFs on everything now.
Medriev is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old September 7th, 2019, 11:45 AM
@magpi, as an employee for a company that has a global footprint with 24/7 operations, I know what it takes to support that. Gaming hours have been 24/7 and LW need to support that.
flyteach is offline   #20 Reply With Quote