Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SteveB

Old September 1st, 2009, 11:22 AM
I just downloaded and installed version 3.2 of Army Builder (I had version 3.1 working perfectly yesterday). After the install it asks that you activate your copy (Although it was activated in version 3.1). When I attempt to activate or re-activate it states that I cannot activate a license within 120 days of it being issued. The system shows that the license was re-assigned on 7/28 (Issued November 2008), but I do not recall doing anything that would affect this.

I use this software all the time and now I am concerned that if I try to re-install my previous version that that version will also be in demo mode.

What can I do to resolve this issue or have the re-issue date cleared on your servers?

Note: I have no firewall issues as this is the same computer I activated the software on before AND have made no network changes since then.

Last edited by SteveB; September 1st, 2009 at 11:32 AM.
SteveB is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
waazdag

Old September 1st, 2009, 12:56 PM
I downloaded and tried to activate/re-activate since my license expired, and after a couple of attempts to log in with the correct information it booted me out and wont let me access anything! WTF?!
waazdag is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 2nd, 2009, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
I just downloaded and installed version 3.2 of Army Builder (I had version 3.1 working perfectly yesterday). After the install it asks that you activate your copy (Although it was activated in version 3.1). When I attempt to activate or re-activate it states that I cannot activate a license within 120 days of it being issued. The system shows that the license was re-assigned on 7/28 (Issued November 2008), but I do not recall doing anything that would affect this.

I use this software all the time and now I am concerned that if I try to re-install my previous version that that version will also be in demo mode.

What can I do to resolve this issue or have the re-issue date cleared on your servers?

Note: I have no firewall issues as this is the same computer I activated the software on before AND have made no network changes since then.
If AB thinks you're on a different computer, then it means you must have done something on your computer to trigger it. For example, upgrading the operating system is a common reason. Alternately, this could happen if you switched AB to run under a different user account, or if you installed certain types of security software that hide system information that AB relies on to "identify" your computer. There are other possible reasons as well, but they all are tied to AB now receiving different "identity" information about your computer.

With AB 3.2, we've made some major changes that will *usually* retain the same computer identity, but not always. These code changes should make it so that some of the system changes that used to trigger an identity change no longer do so. But first we have to get past the initial identity change.

The solution here is to send an email to technical support that includes your license number and a brief description of the problem. Nancy should be able to get the waiting period waived for you in relatively short order, which will allow you to get up and running again.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 2nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waazdag View Post
I downloaded and tried to activate/re-activate since my license expired, and after a couple of attempts to log in with the correct information it booted me out and wont let me access anything! WTF?!
Are you sure you're using the correct information? If not, repeated failures will trigger security safeguards and lock you out.

Please send an email to technical support about this. Provide your license number and a *DETAILED* explanation of what's going wrong, including what you did and any error messages you are being given. Simply saying "booted me out" could mean lots of different possibilities, so the more information you provide us, the more likely we'll be able to get things sorted out on the first try. And I'm guessing you'd prefer getting up and running again as quickly as possible. :-)
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
SteveB

Old September 2nd, 2009, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
If AB thinks you're on a different computer, then it means you must have done something on your computer to trigger it. For example, upgrading the operating system is a common reason. Alternately, this could happen if you switched AB to run under a different user account, or if you installed certain types of security software that hide system information that AB relies on to "identify" your computer. There are other possible reasons as well, but they all are tied to AB now receiving different "identity" information about your computer.

With AB 3.2, we've made some major changes that will *usually* retain the same computer identity, but not always. These code changes should make it so that some of the system changes that used to trigger an identity change no longer do so. But first we have to get past the initial identity change.

The solution here is to send an email to technical support that includes your license number and a brief description of the problem. Nancy should be able to get the waiting period waived for you in relatively short order, which will allow you to get up and running again.
Did that. Just waiting for a reply email. Thank you.

btw, not arguing here, but I have made no system changes to this computer since I installed Vista a few years ago. No issues though as long as we can get it addressed.
SteveB is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 2nd, 2009, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
btw, not arguing here, but I have made no system changes to this computer since I installed Vista a few years ago. No issues though as long as we can get it addressed.
With the new changes, V3.2 will usually keep the same identity for a computer, but not always. And the exceptions I've found have always been on Vista systems. So it appears your computer is one of those exceptions. Sorry about that, but Nancy ought to be able to get you squared away.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote