Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

xangpow

Old November 7th, 2013, 05:30 AM
I finally have a reason to get and Android tablet but looks like its not going to happen. Unlike others I WOULD rather use a Windows tablet. I guess I will just go with Plan B, use a laptop. It might be heavier and more clunky but at least its not and Ipad. :P
xangpow is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
Prethen

Old November 18th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I realize it might not mean much, but I also have no intention of getting an iPad and would love to see this on Android. I just purchased the PC version and would kind of hope an Android version is available that Lone Wolf might make a secondary license like that (if already bought PC version) stupidly cheap.
Prethen is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
Fox Lee

Old November 23rd, 2013, 09:13 PM
Since we're talking hypothetically, Apple products are absolutely not on my radar, but I would almost definitely pay extra to make my HL license portable to Android (or purchase another secondary license to apply to my Android device), were such a thing possible. No gamer in my group uses Apple mobile devices, but all of us have either an Android phone, tablet or both.

[edit]Non-hypothetically, I would absolutely back a Kickstarter for this.[/edit]

Fox Lee, The Art Gremblin
Invincible Ink - Original indie tabletop games on demand
The Square Fireball - Where it's 4th Edition Forever
Skies of Escarnum - Inclusive anime-flavoured 4e campaign world
HeroLab 4e patch contributor

Last edited by Fox Lee; December 18th, 2013 at 02:54 PM.
Fox Lee is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Faerie

Old December 6th, 2013, 04:00 PM
I too have an android tablet. Was kind of bummed I can't use Hero Lab on it yet, but I can wait. I love how Hero Lab calculates changes in your stats/capabilities with just a click of a button. I've got a really complex 3rd edition M&M character I play. She can use one of five different super devices, each one drastically changing her capabilities in some way. Then throw in penelties from injuries, fatigue, or other miscellaneous stuff and it's a nightmare to keep track of everything using pen and paper. Especially when weight, carrying capacity, and jumping distance get changed. Without HL I'd almost have to have three full character sheets to track all the changes.
Faerie is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
drakahn99

Old December 20th, 2013, 05:02 AM
if your using hero lab on a computer where your gaming this app should help to bridge the gap until wolflair gets something done up... only issue is the android keyboard dont work. but will with a Bluetooth keyboard or your PC computer. basically what it does is make your droid into another monitor on the side of your desktop monitor and you can drag a running program (herolab) on to it. and see it on your tablet/phone ect.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rdisplay&hl=en

hope this helps.
drakahn99 is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 20th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakahn99 View Post
if your using hero lab on a computer where your gaming this app should help to bridge the gap until wolflair gets something done up... only issue is the android keyboard dont work. but will with a Bluetooth keyboard or your PC computer. basically what it does is make your droid into another monitor on the side of your desktop monitor and you can drag a running program (herolab) on to it. and see it on your tablet/phone ect.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rdisplay&hl=en

hope this helps.
You may wish to try "SplashTop" instead. It works awesome on droids and iOS devices. Its what my brother uses on his droid phone to get to stuff on his main computer. It works really well actually...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
Keikan300

Old January 27th, 2014, 06:15 AM
I guess this is rather like beating a dead horse... But add my name to the "Please make Hero Lab for the Android platform" list.

I got an Android tablet for Christmas and would really like to be able to use HL on it.
Keikan300 is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
GhostShip Blue

Old January 29th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keikan300 View Post
I guess this is rather like beating a dead horse... But add my name to the "Please make Hero Lab for the Android platform" list.

I got an Android tablet for Christmas and would really like to be able to use HL on it.
Ditto.
GhostShip Blue is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
Lockwood Lakeman

Old February 2nd, 2014, 10:40 AM
I hope the developers realize with the high cost of IOS devices and the low cost of MS and Android products that they should look at porting their product to multiple platforms soon... I have an Android phone and several friends have android phones & tablets... I sure hope that the newer products will be ported to Android.
Lockwood Lakeman is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old February 5th, 2014, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockwood Lakeman View Post
I hope the developers realize with the high cost of IOS devices and the low cost of MS and Android products that they should look at porting their product to multiple platforms soon... I have an Android phone and several friends have android phones & tablets... I sure hope that the newer products will be ported to Android.
It is not about the cost of the Tablets or as easy as you might think to port this to the devices in question. Android has a LOT of different versions of Android OS that it is going to be difficult to keep up with them not to mention to make them work as flawlessly as they would like. Each company has their own little add-ons with the Android that it makes it difficult enough that this app would be problematic to say the least.

As far as the Windows/MS Surface tablets... if you have the Surface pro you should be able to use the full version of Hero Lab on it. Though it is not as cheap as the other devices you mention above with the Surface RT tablets.

I want to see Hero Lab come to Android as well as I really DO enjoy tablets. But until the full version of HL is done for iOS... it will not happen until the full version is done.
Nikmal is offline   #60 Reply With Quote