Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 7th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I had to redo the mind flayer because I lost everything when my computer died. I have now added the rest of the illithids and magic items from Lords of Madness and the brain golem from the Fiend Folio.
blzbob is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 7th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Sorry I didn't get back to you.

That can't be all the racial specials you've added - don't mindflayers also have abilities for grabbing and brain-sucking? The abilities you've listed are only spell-like abilities, and there's probably something else adding that random piece of text.
That is correct, Mathias, they do indeed get those. Mind-flayers have a particularly nasty knack for grabbing an opponent and devouring its brain in front of the rest of the party. One of my players died in that way, in Khyber. The Psionicist made the mistake of getting into a grappling contest with a Mindflayer, and did not have the escape artist result to get away before his brain was eaten. The rest of the party was too busy fighting the party's fighter at the time to save the Psion. Which is another point, Mind Flayers have the Thrall ability too.
RavenX is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
diamondb

Old July 15th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I'm trying my own hand at a Mind Flayer build, what are y'all using for the Mind Blast ability?
diamondb is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
zarberg

Old January 25th, 2013, 04:05 PM
I'm kind of a newbie to Hero Lab, how are you creating the Illithids? Does it involve scripting?
zarberg is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
zarberg

Old January 28th, 2013, 05:10 PM
I tried my hand at race creation with a mind flayer today and it was not bad at all - a little confusion with the overall hit dice/level adjustment/CR items and how they apply to SR based on hit dice/class levels, but once I figured that out it wasn't bad at all. Having been a long time Perl scripter, things aren't hard to pick up at all.
zarberg is offline   #15 Reply With Quote