Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

frumple

Old December 7th, 2012, 08:07 PM
FYI the reason those templates are not done is that they require the removal of subtypes and their bootstrapped abilities.
frumple is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 1st, 2013, 02:11 PM
So I see the announcement is in the Newsletter as of Dec 31 2012, and that the official package will require several other packages to support it (much like the Community Bestiary, and for the same reasons).
Silveras is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
So I see the announcement is in the Newsletter as of Dec 31 2012, and that the official package will require several other packages to support it (much like the Community Bestiary, and for the same reasons).
For as many creatures in the Tome.. I can't blame them for having to do it that way to say the least. BUT I do not mind either way as I have all the current add-ons and am SO looking forward to the Tome being released soon!!!

Thanks FGG and Lonewolf!!
Nikmal is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Skeeter Green

Old January 29th, 2013, 10:44 AM
FINALLY! The Rock has come back to...

...sorry, got carried away there for a minute.

Announcement....tomorrow.

And the only file you need to use ALL functionality of the ToHC is the Bestiary 1, as a couple of the template stock monster use the Bestiary as a base. The template itself, and all content works on its own, just the stock monster will not be available (for the 3 people that don't have the Bestiary 1) lol

Thanks for your patience, thanks to the entire Lone Wolf team that pulled this off WHILE doing their own Kickstarter (no easy task), and thank you to the God-Empress and the whole group of Frogs that got this finished up.

Much appreciation.

Skeeter
Skeeter Green is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
IconoclasticScream

Old January 29th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Are there any hoops we'll have to go through to get the ToHC material to work if we've already installed the community ToH files?
IconoclasticScream is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old January 29th, 2013, 12:02 PM
There shouldn't be any extra hoops to go trhough just because you have both versions of ToH. They are completly separate from each other and each does not require the other. Just if you encounter an error with a ToH creature, you will have to know which dataset you are pulling it from to be able to get the proper support on it.
Umarian is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old January 29th, 2013, 02:13 PM
The newsletter that was released at the beginning of the month said that the Tome of Horrors was going to be released officially near the beginning of January. Is there a different release date now?? I am ever curious and very very anxious!
Nikmal is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 29th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IconoclasticScream View Post
Are there any hoops we'll have to go through to get the ToHC material to work if we've already installed the community ToH files?
I can confirm from actually testing that these two play together just fine. You can have both installed in the same game folder without issues.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old January 29th, 2013, 07:19 PM
What would be the benefit of having both Tome of Horrors for PF installed? The community version would be free and the official one will have a particular cost associated with it. With all the money already plunked down in HL I'm not opposed to doing so for an official ToH version, but what would be the benefit of having it?

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old January 30th, 2013, 06:18 AM
The community version is not all out yet either. Not even close to being done. So I am all for the community getting it done but I would like it better if I can get it sooner rather then later though.
Nikmal is offline   #60 Reply With Quote