Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

Diceman

Old June 13th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenelthin View Post
I updated Hero Lab to 3.7 a few days ago and therefore updated all the game systems as well. I thought I would try to run the ddidownloader to make sure my content is current and hit a snag. I, uh, can't find it anymore.

It used to be in Hero Lab/data/4e but the folder structure seems to have changed with the latest update. Am I just dumb and missing something?
I am not sure this is relevant. My DDi subscription is about to expire and I have note been updating my stuff there since I hate their new tools.

It was confirmed by one of the WOTC staff on their forums that they purposely removed the ability to copy info from the compendium using RTF format. Not sure how the DDI downloader for HL works but if it uses that method then I suspect the removal of RTF functionality from the compendium could be an issue.
Diceman is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old June 14th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Okay so there has been a change with 3.7HL so here is how I found mine (Windows 7 system)
Open these to find the application
1. Hard drive to Program Data file
2. Hero Lab file
3. Open Data file
4. 4e file
5. scroll down until you find the ddidownloader (this is the application that starts the downloader.
a "dos" like screen will pop up if you have a DDI subscription choose 2.
then you will have to fill in your DDI name and password.
it will confirm then start download and conversion to HL this takes time (5 to 10 hours depending on your connection and useage at the time so read a book or go to bed) the porgram will give dots for completed items and ! for something that did not convert (ie classes from Heros of Shadows).
Make sure you have loaded HL3.7 first then run the ddi.
when its finished open HL and you should ahve the currect info.

I hope this helps you and everyone that will be running the next ddidownloader.
SAbel is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 15th, 2011, 11:10 AM
As SAbel mentioned, Hero Lab 3.7 now uses a different location for storing user data files, as required by Windows Vista / Windows 7. Unfortunately this new location changes based on which version of windows you're using, so it's not in the same place for everyone. You can find the new location by doing the following:

1) Load any game system in Hero Lab

2) Select the Tools -> Explore Folders -> Program Data folder menu item. An explorer window should open.

3) Go to the "data" folder in the new window, and from there the "4e" folder. The downloader should be located in that folder.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Fenelthin

Old June 15th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Thank you SAbel and Colen! I appreciate the help ^_^
Fenelthin is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Kangor

Old July 1st, 2011, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanadiankozak View Post
Just wondering if there is a new problem similar to this. I use the ddi installer and get up to 'Processing item index' when

'Could not parse item index 'C:\...\items_index_0.xml'. Item index could not continue'

When I then try and run HL, it doesn't have any races, classes, skills or anything. Is this a WotC thing again?
I am getting this same error but mine says "Processing deity index...could not parse XML documents 'C:\DOCUME....BLABLABLA' deity import could not continue.

This is frustrating any help would be greatly appreciated!
Kangor is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Swnynerdgasm

Old July 5th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I just got my downloader to work but now it keeps telling me that:

The data files could not be loaded due to the following errors:

Syntax errors in 'eval' script for Thing 'ftExpanSpe' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
-> Non-existent thing in 'clsWizard' used by script
Syntax errors in 'eval' script for Thing 'ftRememWiz' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
-> Non-existent thing in 'clsWizard' used by script
Swnynerdgasm is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 5th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Please take a look at the thread entitled "Problem with DDI-downloader" (near the top of the list) for an equivalent question with a reference to the answers you seek.
Same question: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13413
Answers: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13320
rob is offline   #47 Reply With Quote