Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Anpumes

Old October 8th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Alright, I'm at this again after a long break. I thought I'd start by refreshing some of my older custom stuff to get myself back into the hang of coding and while I've had some decent luck and am starting to understand things again, I'm also finding myself confused on some issues.

Before anything else let me apologize for rehashing things that have already been covered but in light of obvious recent changes to HL, maybe it is warranted. Also allow me to apologize for the length of this post but I wanted to provide as much detail as possible and show that I've done quite a bit of research.

Let me start with what I'm trying to do, or figure out as the case may be.
  • Use Charisma rather than Wisdom for the monks class specials of AC Bonus, Ki Pool and DC's.

Now, I've done my searching and have come across two threads that pertained to this but neither really seem to really answer the questions posed. In fact these previous threads prompted me to dig deeper to find answers on my own but this has simply led to more questions and confusion, maybe due to some of the changes in HL that I mentioned above.

The first one, Charisma based monk, dated February 2011, showed the most promise and in fact is what I've currently implemented on my monk archetype for AC. However, I noticed some code that proved difficult to understand.

Post-attributes:20000 - this is a snippet that caused the most confusion.
Code:
      ~ Apply our AC bonus to all our armor scores
      hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACWisMod].value += field[abValue].value
Now, I've figured out that field[tACWisMod] is a new-ish field for ArmorClass that identifies this as a wisdom bonus, presumably to help with stacking. Leaving this field as is reports, on mouseover, AC field "+ X (wisdom)," changing this to field[bonus] changes the mouseover to "+ X untyped bonus," which works. However, I found that there is no Charisma equivalent to [tACWisMod] that would show "+ X (charisma)."

While I do have a working version of the monks AC Bonus class special, by recreating and modifying the monk class version, removing the monk version from the archetype and bootsrapping the new class special onto the archetype, I'd prefer a cleaner solution, similar to what's mentioned in this thread, Reasigning special ability linked attributes, dated March 2014. Here is is suggested that the Sage Sorcerer or the Scarred Witch Doctor might provide answers.

First I looked at the Sage Sorcerer and while it does have code to change the attribute from Charisma to Intelligence, it seems to only be for spell related abilities, which is not exactly useful in this case.

First:10000
Code:
      perform hero.childfound[cHelpSor].assign[SplAttr.aINT]
So I dug further and looked at Scarred Witch Doctor but I couldn't find anything that actually showed how they use "Constitution rather than Intelligence when determining the highest level of spell." I also couldn't find anything in the class specials specific to the Scarred Witch Doctor, so I call this path a bust.

I then dug further, looking for anything that changed an attribute for something to something else. I looked at the Ninja class but since it is a class and not an archetype the handling is probably implausible. Finally, I came to the Shigenjo archetype for Tengu. Here I found that the Ki Pool class special, while a class special in itself, had some code that I could adapt. The following code works wonderfully for getting Charisma into the Ki Pool class special with the side effect that when it is active on the character a context box appears on the class tab that lets the user select between Charisma and Wisdom. This is really a nonissue but one that I felt needed to be mentioned. I also had to run this at First:10000 not Post-attributes:5000, maybe I still have a timing problem...

First:10000
Code:
      ~ Check for monk's Ki Pool class feature, if we have it then change attribute use from Wisdom to Charisma
      if (hero.haschild[BaseClSpec,"thingid.cMnkKiPool"] <> 0) then
        perform hero.child[cMnkKiPool].assign[UseAttr.aCHA]
      endif
So, this leaves me without a clean answer to the monks AC Bonus class special, without rebuilding it as I have or how to handle any of the monk's DC's that rely on Wisdom.

Any help with these two problems would be greatly appreciated.

Again, sorry for the length (wall of text), that probably no one wants to read.

TL;DR
  • Can't find a way to make Charisma the primary stat for the monks AC Bonus, without custom rebuilding the class feature.
  • Found an interesting fix to make Charisma the primary stat for the monks Ki Pool.
  • Would like help resolving this once and for all

Last edited by Anpumes; October 9th, 2015 at 08:33 PM.
Anpumes is offline   #1 Reply With Quote