Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Thrawn82

Old September 1st, 2021, 12:43 PM
If you’re looking for something to tide you over, Pathbuilder did successfully update at about 3 est
Thrawn82 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Lady Wrath

Old September 1st, 2021, 07:34 PM
You know what pisses me off, its not that secrets of magic didn't come out on hero lab today. It's the fact that they haven't acknowledged it at all not a single announcement to be like "hey its gonna take longer than excepted" I'm at the point that if someone comes out with another pathfinder 2e character builder I will leave and not come back. and the only reason I don't use pathbuilder is cause I wasn't something easier to use on a PC
Lady Wrath is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
H2Os

Old September 2nd, 2021, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Wrath View Post
You know what pisses me off, its not that secrets of magic didn't come out on hero lab today. It's the fact that they haven't acknowledged it at all not a single announcement to be like "hey its gonna take longer than excepted" I'm at the point that if someone comes out with another pathfinder 2e character builder I will leave and not come back. and the only reason I don't use pathbuilder is cause I wasn't something easier to use on a PC
It's not completely true. They do have an announcement section that they post to. However it isn't obvious: http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....&postcount=302
H2Os is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 2nd, 2021, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Wrath View Post
I'm at the point that if someone comes out with another pathfinder 2e character builder I will leave and not come back. and the only reason I don't use pathbuilder is cause I wasn't something easier to use on a PC
And do any other online character generators release updates on the same day, or within less than a week, of the book being published by the publisher?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82

Old September 2nd, 2021, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
And do any other online character generators release updates on the same day, or within less than a week, of the book being published by the publisher?
Pathbuilder did, at least most of it. The real value add for herolab is the campaign theater for me. The fact there isn't a comparable product is what keeps me paying LW, despite it still missing huge portions of the core functionality they promised.
Thrawn82 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Lady Wrath

Old September 2nd, 2021, 04:42 AM
I specifically said that I wasn't mad that it hadn't come out (I wasn't mad at paizo for their delays either) it was the fact that they don't keep us informed at all on what's going on, and in answer to the question of other builder both Pathbuilder and Wanderers Guide launched SoM and are in fact up to date with all the Books and APs. Also saying that something went wrong with their "maintenance" is not the same as telling us that something went wrong with a product release. Also if this was a free service I would care at all that they keep us in the dark but I pay for this service and I feel like expecting a small amount of communication as to what's going on with that service is not to much to ask.
Lady Wrath is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old September 2nd, 2021, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Yes, Pathbuilder does. And it's developed by just one guy, not a whole team. And it's free.
dacoobob is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82

Old September 2nd, 2021, 09:59 AM
Well secret of magic is in, but it looks like there are much bigger problems they were being silent about. Theres no patch notes and the only thing that appears to have changed is the inclusion of secrets of magic, none of the other changes they advertised were coming with this update are present. It looks like their grand UI changes screwed something up badly and they walked back and decided to just open up access to SoM.

Edit: oops, patch notes showed up right after i typed this. but yea, SoM, very minor bug fixes, and correcting clerical errors. Looks like the structural changes aren't working/

Last edited by Thrawn82; September 2nd, 2021 at 10:17 AM.
Thrawn82 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 2nd, 2021, 04:50 PM
First, let me start by apologizing for the slight delay. LWD was authorized to release Secrets of Magic on September first, but a last-minute bug invasion halted the rollout. Our team spent several hours trying to make it happen, but in the end, we were forced to delay and release on the 2nd to ensure a smooth experience for users. Fortunately, Secrets of Magic is available now in our store, and we hope to have some exciting new features to share with you over the next few weeks as well.

Happy spellcasting, everyone!
BJ is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old September 3rd, 2021, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn82 View Post
The real value add for herolab is the campaign theater for me. The fact there isn't a comparable product is what keeps me paying LW, despite it still missing huge portions of the core functionality they promised.
https://donjon.bin.sh/d20/initiative/
dacoobob is offline   #20 Reply With Quote