Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Acenoid

Old April 12th, 2015, 05:05 AM
Hi there!

I have checked some older threads and also asked myself a long time ago if HL supports Shadowrun 3rd Edition rules.

In those old threads I did read about two options:
a) LW: "if there would be enough interest" maybe we think about it.
b) Community: Ppl with authoring kits could create data files and create the rules for it.

Now, since I do not own HL yet (just using RW for campaign management) and reviewing the HL Demo version to see, how much of an effort this project would be I wanted to ask some questions:

1. Did LW evaluate the number of interested people for older versions, or is the subject closed from their side?
1.1 How many people here have an interest in 3rd edition rules?

2. Are there people interested in helping to build a Shadowrun 3 datafile with authoring kit?
2.1. Do you see problems beforehand that would make such a conversion project impossible/difficult (copyright/impossible to setup the older rules without code changes and such)?
2.2 Is it possible and allowed to copy data file contents from sr4/sr5 into a new datafile and edit it? (I would think that some stuff could be re-used in SR3 and therefore minimize the effort)
2.3 I read in another thread from some LW member that he would attempt to support such conversion project as much as possible, does this mean he would help for example with reviewing data files or give advice?
2.4 Who of the experienced users would be interested in helping out in such a project? E.g. to split up the workload, on different sections / subsections of the data file?
2.5 Are the encounter builder / dice roller / tactical console "system independent" and belong to each datafile or are those hardcoded and cannot be changed?
2.6 Can sources like equipment / things (= Gear) also customized and added?

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Necromancer

Old July 18th, 2021, 01:10 AM
I more interested in the 2nd edition.... but 3rd nearly the same
Necromancer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 18th, 2021, 04:02 AM
I'll mention that building a system in the Authoring Kit is no mean feat. It takes weeks even with guidance, and learning how to do something is sometimes quite tricky.

You can get a taste of it from the Savage Worlds implementation even without getting the license.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote