Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

weogarth

Old December 3rd, 2014, 08:05 AM
Hi,

As I've mentioned in other posts, I use Fantasy Grounds II for running campaigns over the internet. One of the great features of this is that it will log everything that happens into a file. I would like to post the contents of those files into topics of my Realm but I'm not really finding a good place to do that.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I tried 'Beginning a Game Session' and then putting the log into the notes but the dates kept changing and, far more importantly, I can't figure out where the heck that Game Session went to.

I apologize if this was posted earlier; I thought I'd seen it but didn't see it after going back 8 pages or so in the forum.

Thanks in advance everyone!
weogarth is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Seregil

Old December 3rd, 2014, 08:29 AM
First, your Game Session end up in the game session logs. Click on Manage (top left, from memory) and one of the tabs is game sessions. Now, I am not sure if they are visible to the players though.

As for where else you could put them, I create Event type Topics with Time Period type. This gives me an event that has a starting date and an end date in game. You could probably add a RL Start/End date. That way, I KNOW they are visible to the players (if I want them) and I get the full linking feature that is NOT available for game sessions.
Seregil is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old December 3rd, 2014, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seregil View Post
First, your Game Session end up in the game session logs. Click on Manage (top left, from memory) and one of the tabs is game sessions. Now, I am not sure if they are visible to the players though.

As for where else you could put them, I create Event type Topics with Time Period type. This gives me an event that has a starting date and an end date in game. You could probably add a RL Start/End date. That way, I KNOW they are visible to the players (if I want them) and I get the full linking feature that is NOT available for game sessions.
Thanks so much Seregil. I definitely want them (at least the edited version) to be visible and linkable.
weogarth is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old December 3rd, 2014, 03:03 PM
I created a container in the Story Almanac entitled "Session Logs", created and shared and article and each log goes in as a separate snippet.
enrious is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old December 4th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Interesting - I have, obviously, Manage but I don't see anything called Game Session.

I will be using another method to do them anyhow, so it isn't a huge deal but it'd be nice to know why mine isn't working right. Maybe I'll toss in a support ticket to find out.
weogarth is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Seregil

Old December 4th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weogarth View Post
Interesting - I have, obviously, Manage but I don't see anything called Game Session.

I will be using another method to do them anyhow, so it isn't a huge deal but it'd be nice to know why mine isn't working right. Maybe I'll toss in a support ticket to find out.
Now that I'm at home, I checked. It's under Manage, Realm THEN Game Session.
Seregil is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old December 4th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Click on Manage/Realm/Game Sessions.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old December 4th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Now that I'm at home, I checked. It's under Manage, Realm THEN Game Session.
You don't have it memorized either? lol

Yup, there it is. Perfect. Still not sure I like it there especially since it can't be shared or linked. Thanks again.
weogarth is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old December 29th, 2014, 01:50 PM
So....related to this and I don't want to create a new topic for it, mostly because I'm sure it's already been one and I can't find it.

I made my new category and I was pretty happy with it but then I found a couple other things to add. Is there any way to 'force' the existing topics in the category to get the new items?
weogarth is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 29th, 2014, 04:00 PM
From the Content Pane Options (F7) menu, pick Quick Edit Content/Synchronize the Structure to Match the Category Definition followed by Quick Edit Content/Re-Sequence Snippets to Match Category Definition.

You have to do this for each Topic/Article you want to update.

Parody is offline   #10 Reply With Quote