Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Acenoid

Old November 28th, 2019, 02:27 PM
I cannot find the topic , I am sure there was one.

I have currently a main realm folder containing all mechanics, world settings and 8 adventures. In that particular post someone explained how he arranged the realms and it sounded quite nice, to have a master realm with the main data and only import the required adventure and maybe some other needed things into a child realm, to keep everything manageable.

Anyone knows where this post is, or can you explain again?

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 28th, 2019, 03:01 PM
I don't remember where the topic was, but I think this is what you're talking about:

Quote:
I currently have 4 realm templates.
Blank - Completely empty. ALL default categories/tags are disabled or deleted.
Structure - This contains all the categories/tags all my realms use. I don't use any of the defaults.
Gamesystem - This contains all the game specific categories/tags my realms use, PLUS the import from Structure.
World - This contains all the world lore etc. that all my realms use, PLUS the import from Structure.

When I want to create a new realm, I first COPY the blank realm.
Next I open that realm, and import a STRUCTURE-ONLY export from the Structure realm.
Then I import a FULL export from the World and/or PF2 realms.

ALL imports require using advanced options and checking the boxes for OVERWRITE conflicts.

ALL exports have "preserve ownership" checked. This is super important.

If you try to create any topics in the totally blank realm RW WILL CRASH. Make sure you have some sort of category for every possible section.

If I make a change to any of the template realms and re-export, all my changes easily import to my active realm.

Example:
Partway through creating a realm, I realized I needed another snippet in a category. I saved and synced my current realm, switch to the Structure realm, and made my change. Exported preserving ownership, imported to my current realm overwriting conflicts, and the category now has the additional snippet. Any previously created topics require a resync or manual add to get the new snippet, but all newly created topics afterwards have it.

It took quite a bit of trial and error to get this all to work, but it was well worth the effort.
I thought it was helpful enough I copied it to a word file and saved it for myself.

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; November 28th, 2019 at 03:04 PM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Syrkres

Old December 4th, 2019, 09:31 AM
What would be nice is thread/topic where people share their categories/tags for those of us who are just starting out, and haven't thought that far into it.
Syrkres is offline   #3 Reply With Quote