Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Erdrix

Old July 19th, 2018, 01:53 PM
Got one feature I wanted, so I guess there's that.
Erdrix is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old July 20th, 2018, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Welcome to the creative process........
Yep.. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Things are created with the creator's intentions, desires, vision, and abilities in mind, even if the intent is to share or sell what they've created.
Exactly.... that is why all the +1's in various threads and Polls mean next to nothing.... LWD will do what LWD does... the best you can hope for is that some of it will address your requests....The +1's and heated banty are illusionary "feel goods" or frustrations since they really carry no weight. LWD will tell you they consider them, but as general rule a poll slanted in favor of player whim / revenue intake for a DM game management tool and practically everything else on hold awaiting the CM is all that really needs to be said when comparing wish-listing to reality.

Parody is right, the choice is ultimately up to LWD and each must decide what that means to them as far as value added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
Now if you want to take offense to someone's comments, I am the resident grumpy old fart...
Hey, I take offense at taking offense... You might be A grumpy old fart... but there hasn't been a poll yet to determine who THE grumpy old fart is.. or I would have at least been in the top 3.... :-) *Snark*

But have found the thread entertaining, and even threw the vinegar .. informative......

DLG

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire

Last edited by BJ; July 20th, 2018 at 05:36 AM.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 20th, 2018, 05:43 AM
As the thread was reported, I’ve backtracked your convo to a slightly more pleasant space. You’re welcome to carry on your discussion, but please refrain from insulting each other.
BJ is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old July 20th, 2018, 06:27 AM
So. What else should we do?

Haven't heard a peep from LWD. Complained about that a number of times recently but either no one at LWD is reading the forums, no one at LWD cares, or it's *still* corporate policy to not update the few remaining users who care about the product as it has been since the product was released *years ago*.

Seriously. When are you folks going to start smartening up about updates? "Still working on it! Going well!" sucks, but it's better than what you've been doing for 5 years. As you have been asked to do for many of those years.

But still we get nothing, so the forums go silent for a little while, then someone posts something and we all complain for a little while and then it ends in a little battle and there's a reminder to be polite and then back to complete radio silence.

Seriously, what does it take to get through to you folks that no updates is BAD?

In the absence of ANYTHING from the company, please don't be surprised when other things happen here.
MaxSupernova is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 20th, 2018, 01:15 PM
The thread was reported to me by users and the conversation backtracked because users were attacking each other, not because someone voiced a dislike for a certain aspect of the program. I left much of the thread in tact. I simply took it back to when the arguing started and removed posts from both sides after that point.

I apologize for your frustration. I have given updates as I've had them, you can read many of them here. The most recent was that we will have the 5E SRD available for free and that we are working on getting the API adjustments made now that we've had some help from Paizo. Beyond that, there are no updates to give.
BJ is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old July 20th, 2018, 10:50 PM
BJ,

Just a quick question... realizing that right now it is all hands on deck for GenCon (and the Paizo API AND HLO)... would it be possible to start getting monthly updates again AFTER GenCon?

Also understanding it is a short shop and everyone has loads on their plate, couldn't you pass an email around have everyone drop a few lines about what they did this week?

Of course you would have to polish it up to the high standards we have come to expect from you...

and it is not like you actually wanted to have a REAL life is it??

Just asking as I thought it 'might' soothe some of the savage beasts...

Have a great weekend everyone!
Grey Mage is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old July 21st, 2018, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
BJ,

Just a quick question... realizing that right now it is all hands on deck for GenCon (and the Paizo API AND HLO)... would it be possible to start getting monthly updates again AFTER GenCon?
Nice try Grey.. but you obviously missed the email where all roads run to Rob... and that is just not in the LWD corporate credo... heheh. *Snark*

DLG

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #27 Reply With Quote