Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lymang

Old February 7th, 2016, 10:00 AM
I am happy to read some documentation but I am wondering if some of you who are way more experienced can give me a bit of guidance. Recently while playing in a home campaign my DM revealed over time that my character is probably the child of a deity in his campaign. Long story, trust me. Anyway, he's just given me "character adjustments" to make given this fact. I'd like to make a "custom" adjustment that includes all the elements of what he's told me, but I'm not sure if that's the best path or not.

My character gets:
Ability score modification (higher charisma, easy to modify in the system already)
Energy resistance (already existing "adjustment" in Pathfinder HL)
Darkvision (already existing "adjustment" in PF HL)
3 spell like abilities (not sure how exactly to represent these, maybe racial abilities?)
HP bonus based on my character's Charisma score adjustment. (also don't know how to work this out)

I'd appreciate any guidance. Also, if I picked the wrong sub-forum I'd appreciate guidance on that too.

Thanks in advance!
lymang is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CorzatTheGray

Old February 11th, 2016, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lymang View Post
I'd like to make a "custom" adjustment that includes all the elements of what he's told me, but I'm not sure if that's the best path or not.

My character gets:
Ability score modification (higher charisma, easy to modify in the system already)
Energy resistance (already existing "adjustment" in Pathfinder HL)
Darkvision (already existing "adjustment" in PF HL)
3 spell like abilities (not sure how exactly to represent these, maybe racial abilities?)
HP bonus based on my character's Charisma score adjustment. (also don't know how to work this out)
lymang, in looking into this if you're wanting to put these all into one adjustment rather than having several adjustments on your character I think the easiest way to accomplish this would be to create a Template in the editor. You can find the Templates in the Race Tab.

This allows you to easily add the Ability Score Adjustment, Energy Resistance, Darkvision, and Spell-Like Abilities. Find an existing template that adds those things and do a NEW (COPY) in the editor of that Template to see how to implement the adjustment on your new Template.

As for the HP bonus based on Charisma, is this in ADDITION to that granted at each level by Constitution or is it REPLACING the Constitution based bonus?

I'm not sure of the code to use in either case, and unfortunately I don't have the time to search myself, but I know that information will be needed to get the correct code if you can't find an example in an existing Thing or here on the forums. Once you have that code you add that as an Eval Script to your Template.

Once you have your Template created, you just add it to your character on the Classes tab as you would any other template found in the classes list.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Currently Playing: Pathfinder - Skull & Shackles AP
Current Character: Legendary Gunslinger 11
Currently DMing: D&D 5E - AAW Games A-Series
CorzatTheGray is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
lymang

Old February 19th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorzatTheGray View Post
lymang, in looking into this if you're wanting to put these all into one adjustment rather than having several adjustments on your character I think the easiest way to accomplish this would be to create a Template in the editor. You can find the Templates in the Race Tab.

This allows you to easily add the Ability Score Adjustment, Energy Resistance, Darkvision, and Spell-Like Abilities. Find an existing template that adds those things and do a NEW (COPY) in the editor of that Template to see how to implement the adjustment on your new Template.

As for the HP bonus based on Charisma, is this in ADDITION to that granted at each level by Constitution or is it REPLACING the Constitution based bonus?

I'm not sure of the code to use in either case, and unfortunately I don't have the time to search myself, but I know that information will be needed to get the correct code if you can't find an example in an existing Thing or here on the forums. Once you have that code you add that as an Eval Script to your Template.

Once you have your Template created, you just add it to your character on the Classes tab as you would any other template found in the classes list.

Hope that helps, and good luck!
Wow, thanks, this was very helpful. I didn't get back to it because my message was in moderation for so long I gave up and assumed it wasn't going to get posted (more than 24 hours later I had checked back and still didn't see my message). Anyway, I will look into the template idea, that's a great plan. The HP bonus based on my CHA bonus is in ADDITION to my already existing CON bonus. Something about being descended from a god....
lymang is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
lymang

Old February 19th, 2016, 05:44 PM
This ended up working very well, though I had to fiddle a lot with things I don't really understand. in testing so far, it looks like it holds up. I was NOT able to cover the HP from CHA bonus, so anyone with any ideas on the scripting for such a thing, I'd love some assistance, guidance, or pointers. I mean, I can see how it would be done in a general sense:

Look at CHA bonus and put it into a variable, then evaluate HD, then add HD times variable HP to my total. Making that happen is the question...
lymang is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 20th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lymang View Post
This ended up working very well, though I had to fiddle a lot with things I don't really understand. in testing so far, it looks like it holds up. I was NOT able to cover the HP from CHA bonus, so anyone with any ideas on the scripting for such a thing, I'd love some assistance, guidance, or pointers. I mean, I can see how it would be done in a general sense:

Look at CHA bonus and put it into a variable, then evaluate HD, then add HD times variable HP to my total. Making that happen is the question...
Do you have an eval script for this?
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote