Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

karpana

Old May 1st, 2017, 02:42 PM
Good Day All.

I'm in the process of preparing my druid for a home campaign to pick up the Guardian Spirit feat in the next couple of levels.

Per this post, I've opted to create a new "hero" in my folio, to house my Guardian Spirit. I found that creating a hireling, and setting the race type just didn't seem to work quite right.

I see that the minimum Charisma (18) and the +2 to all ability scores is correctly applied when the "Guardian Spirit Template" is added, and that at once the tempalte is added, the character is ready to accept a singular Spell-Like Ability. Perfecto!

The struggle I'm coming up against, is how to apply the "Conjuration Spell Level", as I advance the guardian in accordance with the wording of the Summon Guardian Spirit feat (pg 26 of the Monster Summoner's Handbook), as I'll be doing this when the druid is Level 7, having access to Summon Nature's Ally IV.
Quote:
If you’re capable of casting a higher-level summon monster or summon nature’s ally spell, you can perform a ritual to attune the guardian spirit to a higher-level version of the spell. This also allows you to change any selections made regarding the abilities the creature gains based on the level of spell used to conjure it (see the table on page 27). This ritual takes 24 hours, and once complete it moves the guardian spirit to the higherlevel list of creatures that can be summoned.
I can fake out much of this by
  • Manually adding HD (in the classes tab)
  • Using ShadowChemosh's "Ability: Uses/Period"
  • A custom-written adjustment that I wrote to increase all ability scores
but I am unable to figure out how to "increase the number of Spell-like Abilities" (On the Guardian Spirit tab), which actually allow an increasingly more complex/powerful set of available Spell-like abilities (per Page 27 of the Monster Summoner's Handbook)
Quote:
Spell Level 3: Chill touch, ill omen, protection from chaos/evil/good/law (choose one; its alignment descriptor must oppose the guardian spirit’s alignment).
Spell Level 4: Call lightning, detect thoughts, invisibility.
Spell Level 5: Cure serious wounds, dispel magic, shout.
Spell Level 6: Call lightning storm, death ward, freedom of movement.
Spell Level 7: Break enchantment, breath of life, contagious flame
Spell Level 8: Cloak of dreams, greater heroism, sunbeam.
Spell Level 9: Greater shout, power word blind, regenerate.

Fated Guardian (Su): When conjured by a 4th-level or higher spell, a guardian spirit can protect the destiny of another creature within 30 feet as a standard action once per day. For 1 round, any time the creature makes an attack or attempts a saving throw, it rolls twice and takes the better result.
Co-Walker (Sp): When conjured by an 8th-level or higher spell, a guardian spirit can assume the shape of its ward as if with alter self, except it can appear to be only the ward (even if the ward is not of a creature type or size that can normally be assumed with alter self ) and it gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks to appear to be the ward.
I'm hopeful that this is something super easy that I missed.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
karpana is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
karpana

Old May 1st, 2017, 02:49 PM
ALmost within seconds of making this post... I found the "picker" needed to advance the guardian spirit in the "Racial, Template & Factions Abililties".

NO action required.
karpana is offline   #2 Reply With Quote