Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

mototom

Old October 31st, 2020, 09:40 AM
In HL Classic I recall we could give a weapon a custom name. It doesn't look like that's something that can be done in HLO right now, is it?

Many NPCs have weapons that have a name I'd like to keep track of, and PCs might end up in possession of special weapons. I realize we can create a custom weapon, but that seems like a lot of work just to have an otherwise normal magical weapon with a unique name.
mototom is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 2nd, 2020, 06:29 AM
An odd thing to have gone astray. I'll have to add this to our to-do list.
Hollis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old November 3rd, 2020, 03:39 AM
If you go to Permanent Adjustments and select the Override Name option (right down at the bottom) you can still do this.
talsharien is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old November 4th, 2020, 09:40 PM
That's not available for NPCs, unless you go through the hassle of using the PC rules. (And I still wonder why they've moved something as straightforward as the weapon name to an adjustment.)
mototom is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 9th, 2020, 01:15 AM
I don't know that it was an intentional move, actually. There was a lot of overhaul done internally recently to go with the API support, and it might have gone amiss in that, because I thought it was an option. It's on our list of things to look at though, I know that, and seems like a thing that should be present.
Daniel V is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old October 29th, 2023, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talsharien View Post
If you go to Permanent Adjustments and select the Override Name option (right down at the bottom) you can still do this.
That option seems to have been removed for weapons that aren't magic staves.
LazarX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old November 7th, 2023, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
In HL Classic I recall we could give a weapon a custom name. It doesn't look like that's something that can be done in HLO right now, is it?

Many NPCs have weapons that have a name I'd like to keep track of, and PCs might end up in possession of special weapons. I realize we can create a custom weapon, but that seems like a lot of work just to have an otherwise normal magical weapon with a unique name.
It sort of does work but not on the main herolab display, if you export a statblock or print out a PDF the substitution will kick in.
LazarX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old November 7th, 2023, 09:51 AM
This thread is two years old. It looks like Override Name does appear as an adjustment for all NPCs now. But I don't export stat blocks or print every NPC. It really needs to show up in Play, but in limited testing that currently seems broken.
mototom is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 7th, 2023, 01:51 PM
Yeah something went amiss with this. Which is odd, since I know I got custom weapon names set up within the past year, but something might have gotten bushwhacked with other changes. It'll get assessed along with everything else in the world once I can do anything with my life that isn't work to get remaster stuff implemented.

Though if anyone wants to submit us a bug report with whatever's going on with the adjustment, that'd be helpful so Ryan can get it logged with the relevant details, since my awareness is of the custom name field on weapons themselves.
Daniel V is offline   #9 Reply With Quote