Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Senko

Old September 23rd, 2021, 02:39 PM
I'm trying to get the shield adjustment to give the +6 shield bonus to AC for its mythic version in the same way as the mage armor does. I've managed to get it to give me the option to select mythic or normal but the AC boost remains at +4.

Here's the eval script I'm using . . .

~ if we're not active, just get out now
doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)

~if we're mythic, we're more effective, and we reflect magic missile attacks
if (field[pIsMode].value <> 0) then
field[pMinimum].value += 2
field[pMaximum].value += 2

endif

#applybonus[tACShield, hero.child[ArmorClass], field[pAdjust].value]
Senko is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old September 24th, 2021, 10:44 AM
Shield bonuses don't stack, so it appears that your Mythic language is adding +2 shield bonus to an existing +4 shield bonus. Maybe change it to add +6 shield bonus.
Krothos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old September 27th, 2021, 09:36 PM
No doesn't work. I'm thinking its something other than the scripting though. I was able to create a "greater shield" (based on the 3.5 version that's 3rd level) and that works. Can change the bonus from 3 to 10 and toggle between normal and mythic, if the bonus is 3 or 4 going to mythic raises it to the minimum value of 5 and on any value raises the maximum from 10 to 12. On the other hand pathfinders shield is a fixed bonus of +4 regardless of level so I think there's something I'm missing which is locking it at that value. Something that is changed or missing in the armor spell that was provided by lone wolf) which does toggle correctly.
Senko is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old September 28th, 2021, 05:06 PM
So when you go to the adjust tab you created a new Mythic Shield spell adjustment?
Minous is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old September 29th, 2021, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
So when you go to the adjust tab you created a new Mythic Shield spell adjustment?
Currently on the adjustments tab I have . . .

Armor
Can toggle between normal and mythic. Mythic gives plus 6 while normal gives plus 4.

Shield
Can toggle between normal and mythic. Both give plus 4 bonus.

Greater Shield
Can toggle between normal and mythic. Normal gives a range (you can select) from 3 to 10, mythic increases that range by 2 allowing you to select from 5 to 12.

Greater Armor
Can toggle between normal and mythic. Normal gives a range (you can select) from 3 to 10, mythic increases that range by 2 allowing you to select from 5 to 12.

I've attached my data file to this post. Has these and my other adjusments I've made or tried to make, currently working on this and trying to find where the mythic wizard/witch/etc information is to create ones for other classes.
Attached Files
File Type: email Edit file.user (55.1 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Senko; September 29th, 2021 at 06:25 PM.
Senko is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old October 1st, 2021, 05:45 PM
So, your gonna kick yourself. I suspect its an issue with timing/parsing/field updates.

You had your shield script running at pre-levels/10000 and were modifying both pMax and applying the bonus to the character in the same eval script. On your GSAA script (which does work) I noted a key difference, At pre-level 9000 the changes to pMin and pMax are being made, but you also have a secondary eval script running at pre-level/15000 and all it does is #applybonus macro. So I split the Shield eval script up into two parts, one making the changes at 9000 and a second just applying the bonus at 15000 and it works just fine.
Minous is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old October 2nd, 2021, 03:18 AM
I would like to say I am not anywhere good enough to pick up something like that. However in this case . . . I did completely forget to check that part of the eval script and am kicking myself.

Thanks for the help. Now I just need to figure out how to allow my arcanist to take mythic familiar for their bloodline familiar. However the mythic wizard/witch/other tab that gets added for those mythic classes to allow a mythic arcane familiar bond (from mythic hero's handbook) has so far eluded me. Oh well hopefully I'll have more time to look after this work cycle ends.

"Here's the planning scopes for Q4."
"So you'll want them by the end of the year?"
"No we want them by the begining of November."
". . ."

So usual amount of scopes, 1 guy on holiday and a third of the usual time. Fun!
Senko is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old October 2nd, 2021, 01:05 PM
Can you provide either instructions or a por file demo of the wizard with what you are looking for? (sorry I dont use mythic much so not as familiar with how to pull those features up)

Odds are with a wizard its adding a tag or bootstrap that loads that feature. Once we Identify what and how its added, copying that is easy.
Minous is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old October 2nd, 2021, 03:17 PM
Instructions only as so far I've had no luck locating it. Mythic Hero handbook has a "mythic familiar" option that adds a mythic tier to a familiar = to 1/2 the masters. I don't think hero lab has them get the full tier just some abilities from it unfortunately. Currently to activate it you can to do the following . . .

1) Make a wizard.
2) In the wizard tab select Arcane bond familiar.
3) In the mythic tab select "Feat - Mythic Class Ability - Wizard".
4) This creates a "Mythic Wizard" tab you can select "Mythic Class Ability - Mythic Arcane Bond familiar."
5) Finally on the "Minion" tab for your arcane familiar select "Alternate racial traits - Mythic Familiar".

You can just select mythic familiar as a racial trait but if you don't have the mythic options you get error messages which I'd like to avoid. I have manged to find the alternate trait (Editor - Race - Mythic Familiar) and I think I could make a selectable version just by deleting the pre-req

"validif (master.tagis[Custom.LGMyFamil] <> 0)"

However I'm trying to track down all the related things that allow you to purchase the mythic class ability wizard (also works for witch class and I think one or two others) as I don't just want to give the familiar the feat I also want to take the mythic feat that allows it and currently in that drop down menu it only displays if you have a valid class e.g. wizard you can take mythic class ability wizard but if your a blood arcanist with bloodline familiar it generates no options. When I have some more time I'm planning to try an alternative approach of looking for the mythic feats and making a custom one "Mythic Familiar" and making that a pre-requisite for the racial trait. Just need to figure out how to make it a "A or B' pre-requisite not a "A and B" one.

Part of why I'm so interested in this is that I think if I can figure it out I can use it to build the mythic leadership feat that allows you to have a cohort 1/2 your tier and your 10 highest followers as 1st level mythic beings for a villain. I know I can just make them but I'd like to have the feat represented on the sheet and there's no 'custom mythic feat" like there are other options.

Last edited by Senko; October 2nd, 2021 at 03:26 PM.
Senko is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old October 2nd, 2021, 04:01 PM
So I have SoP but looks like I am missing that supplement, When you add "Feat - Mythic Class Ability - Wizard" if you have debugging enabled you can right click on it and it should give you its ID. For a regular familiar the tag is cWizFam. Then just need to find and open that in the editor and it should give you some insight on how to copy it for am arcanist.
Minous is offline   #10 Reply With Quote