Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 18th, 2021, 02:07 PM
V3.2 - Waterdeep and Candlekeep - April 18, 2021

NOTE
While the official adventures almost always include stat blocks for new monsters, there are also a lot of NPC’s and creatures that are described merely as modifications of existing one, like “Blahblah uses a Mage stat block with the following changes.” Many such monsters are programmed as their own entries in the Community Pack, so a DM can find them in the Encounter Builder. Almost all of these that are NOT in the encounter builder are able to be created using the base stat block and the many, many adjustments available in the Adjustments tab. So one way or another, when the patch notes say all monsters for a book are added, they’re either in the Encounter Builder or can be done with adjustments.

NEW RELEASES
  • Acquisitions, Inc. - Added five new backgrounds.
  • Candlekeep Mysteries - Added all items, monsters, and charms.
  • Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount - Added two new backgrounds.
  • Mordenkainen's Fiendish Folio - All monsters added.
  • Unearthed Arcana: 2020 Subclasses, Part 4 - College of Spirits Bard and Undead Warlock added.
  • Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild - Four new lineages added.
  • Unearthed Arcana: Gothic Lineages - Three new lineages added.
  • Waterdeep: Dragon Heist - Added all items and monsters.
  • Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage - Added all items and monsters.

ENHANCEMENTS & CHANGES
  • BGDiA - Added all variant background features. Add them to the PHB backgrounds using the Background Option, Baldur's Gate adjustment.
  • DMG - Added the siege weapons. They can be found in the gear tab.
  • DMG - Added a "Generic Object" to the Encounter Builder. Add this to help track an object's AC and HP in the Tactical Console; its size, material, and durability are adjustable per the rules in the DMG. Use adjustments to tweak its stats as needed.
  • GoS - Added the additional Saltmarsh-specific options to existing backgrounds. The Noble’s extra origins table can be enabled via a Saltmarsh backgrounds adjustment.
  • HotDQ - Updated the extra background Bonds to make it clear they’re from this adventure, and reorganized list to not intermingle them with default Bond options.
  • MToF - Added the three astral vehicles. They can be found in the gear tab. Also added Blessed of Corellon as a Supernatural Gift.
  • OotA - Updated the extra background Bonds to make it clear they’re from this adventure, and reorganized list to not intermingle them with default Bond options.
  • PHB - Added more adjustments: weapon attack effect, weapon extra damage, weapon target, melee weapon reach.
  • SCAG - Tweaked Bladesong to provide Int mod in Con save situational note.
  • TCoE - Changed the Genie's Vessel from a piece of gear to a wondrous item, and ensured it can't be manually added.
  • ToA - Added the many inhabitations from the tomb as supernatural gifts.

BUGS
  • All - More typos corrected.
  • MTOF - Fixed the Tiefling variants to have the correct spell names and indicate the level they’re being cast as. Thanks to ShadowRose for the catch and the fixes.
  • MTOF - Cleanup of incorrect and duplicate deities.
  • SCAG - Fixed the double Performance proficiency from Training in War and Song. Bug reported by ShadowRose.
  • TCoE - Fixed Telepathic feat to remove Shadow Touched stuff. Fixed Eldritch Mind to remove Tome of the Pact requirement. Thanks ShadowRose for the reports and fixes.
  • UA Feats - Fixed Spear Mastery to also benefit ranged spear attacks. Thanks to ShadowRose for the bug report.
  • Other - Removed some old coding that handled Kobold Press sources, which was presumably broken by a Hero Lab update at some point.

KNOWN ISSUES
  • UA - When a lineage grants multiple creature types, Humanoid sometimes overwrites and hides the others. To avoid this, we have to push the secondary type to "overwrite," allowing both to be displayed. This makes the secondary type appear higher and display on the stat block. This isn't an issue with any programming (yet) but it may look strange. Please report any bugs you think may be related.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #901 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 19th, 2021, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
  • MTOF - Cleanup of incorrect and duplicate deities.
Just a note and an apology: this didn’t make it into the release; I had uploaded it to my branch but didn’t push it before Shadow pulled the master code. My bad! It’ll be in release 3.3, alongside the Adjustments to limit deity selection.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #902 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 19th, 2021, 07:27 AM
Looking ahead, the next release is focused on Guildmaster’s Guide to Ravnica and the forthcoming Van Richten’s Guide to Ravenloft. If I can make good progress on Ravnica before Ravenloft releases, and if Ravenloft isn’t absolutely massive, we’re looking at a late May, early June release target for 3.3.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #903 Reply With Quote
ShadowRose

Old April 19th, 2021, 06:32 PM
Had an idea, an adjustment for double proficiency (expertise) skills could be useful, and I would think it should be pretty easy to implement
ShadowRose is offline   #904 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 19th, 2021, 07:06 PM
Go ahead and open it as an issue (suggestion) on the Github. If you want to take a swing at it, I'd use the bard's expertise ability as a foundation.

Fenris447 is offline   #905 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 20th, 2021, 10:58 AM
I couldn’t stop myself...I made it. It’ll be in 3.3. I set it up with dual drop-downs. The first drop-down is limited to skills you’re already proficient in. The second drop-down is all skills. Selecting a skill from either drop down applies double your prof bonus to that skill.

Last edited by Fenris447; April 21st, 2021 at 06:41 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #906 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 21st, 2021, 06:44 AM
An old UA called just “Gothic” was programmed with a dummy, placeholder new skill called “Tools”. It was made to support the Monster Hunter Fighter’s Bonus Proficiencies feature, where you get two skills from a list, but can replace one of those skills with a tool. It’s always bugged me that if you have that source selected, even if you’re not a Monster Hunter, the new skill shows up with all the others. So I went ahead and changed it to deprecate the skill (while still keeping the Bonus Proficiencies feature totally functional). I cannot imagine this change will impact many people, or any person at all. But just in case, here’s your fair warning that if you have that source selected on your Hero and are using the “Tools” skill for anything, you’ll need to select a different skill when 3.3 hits.

Fenris447 is offline   #907 Reply With Quote
ShadowRose

Old April 22nd, 2021, 03:23 PM
I'd always wondered why that was on my sheets. That explains that.
ShadowRose is offline   #908 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 23rd, 2021, 06:52 AM
I've always been curious how many people just check off every source in the Configure Hero screen. I usually just add the sources I know I'll need. I have to imagine it gets real messy when you have everything enabled; this Tools thing is just one example.

Fenris447 is offline   #909 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 25th, 2021, 08:33 PM
I'm happy to announce that both Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica and the monsters from Princes of the Apocalypse are done. As soon as Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft is released and we get it programmed, release 3.3 will be good to go.

Fenris447 is offline   #910 Reply With Quote