Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Eilserves

Old June 20th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
First I have to say it sounds like you made allot of progress actually which is awesome. Its hard for me to jump around between projects. So forgive me if my quick answers are not always helpful.

Looks like you found a bug for Empty Quiver Style specifically. Try "Boar Style" and after adding it you can then take "Boar Ferocity".

My guess is that Empty Quiver child feats are missing this fMoMSNext.?. If this is true I can report this as a bug to LW to get fixed. Which in this case will fix the official issue and our issue.
Yeah, Empty Quiver chain is one of 17 chains that doesn't work. I can give a full list if you want. I've tested both the Talented Monk with the now working Style Master, as well as a "Core" Monk with the MoMS Archetype.

Last edited by Eilserves; June 20th, 2017 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Corrected count
Eilserves is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 20th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilserves View Post
Yeah, Empty Quiver chain is one of 17 chains that doesn't work. I can give a full list if you want. I've tested both the Talented Monk with the now working Style Master, as well as a "Core" Monk with the MoMS Archetype.
Yeah if you know feel free to pass them on to me please. Looking it does appear allot of the style feats are missing the fMoMSNext.? tag actually.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Eilserves

Old June 20th, 2017, 08:10 PM
Here's what I've ID'd as not working for the MoMS style options, under either the archetype or the talented monk. All of these let you pick the base feat of the chain, but the follow-ups don't show:

Ascetic Style
Cudgeler Style
Dwarven Hatred Style
Elven Battle Style
Empty Quiver Style
Illusive Gnome Style
Kraken Style
Orc Fury Style
Outslug Style
Overwatch Style
Owl Style
Slipslinger Style
Smashing Style
Spear Dancing Style
Startoss Style
Street Style
Swordplay Style

These are the ones from the source materials I presently have licenses for. I know Horror Adventures adds more Style chains, but as I haven't gotten a license for that one, I can't say if they work or not.

I thought Weapon Style Mastery was an issue, but after double checking, I don't see it as having a chain so it's probably ok.
Eilserves is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old June 21st, 2017, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilserves View Post
Here's what I've ID'd as not working for the MoMS style options, under either the archetype or the talented monk. All of these let you pick the base feat of the chain, but the follow-ups don't show:

Ascetic Style
Cudgeler Style
Dwarven Hatred Style
Elven Battle Style
Empty Quiver Style
Illusive Gnome Style
Kraken Style
Orc Fury Style
Outslug Style
Overwatch Style
Owl Style
Slipslinger Style
Smashing Style
Spear Dancing Style
Startoss Style
Street Style
Swordplay Style

These are the ones from the source materials I presently have licenses for. I know Horror Adventures adds more Style chains, but as I haven't gotten a license for that one, I can't say if they work or not.

I thought Weapon Style Mastery was an issue, but after double checking, I don't see it as having a chain so it's probably ok.
That was what I was saying before. Paizo has deliberately stated that only the initial feat in the chain is considered to be a "style feat" -- has the style feat category. They deliberately left off the "style feat" category from the 2nd and 3rd tier feats because the way the MOMS archetype was written, it could bypass the 1st feat and go to the 2nd and 3rd tier feats directly, which was not intended at all.
Quintain is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 21st, 2017, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
That was what I was saying before. Paizo has deliberately stated that only the initial feat in the chain is considered to be a "style feat" -- has the style feat category. They deliberately left off the "style feat" category from the 2nd and 3rd tier feats because the way the MOMS archetype was written, it could bypass the 1st feat and go to the 2nd and 3rd tier feats directly, which was not intended at all.
Correct but the issue has nothing to do with "Style" feats. Those are displaying correctly. The above feat chains are missing the fMoMSNext.? tag to tell MoMS archetype or other scripts what the NEXT feat in the chain is.

The feats from APG & UC are all working correctly (ie Boar Style) but these feats added later where not setup/tagged correctly. So we need to report this to LW as a bug.

While I could fix this using Extend thing the issue is affecting a LW archetype and is a core issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Eilserves

Old June 21st, 2017, 07:57 PM
So a little more testing on this, and apparently because there are already so many feats in the "Style chain" queries, after taking Style Master 3 times and picking 3 feats, if you take Style Master a 4th time, for some reason the Bonus Feat expression exceeds 40 items and causes an error.

I considered adding in the following to the script that makes it add the next feat in the chain, but realized that would kill the entire script after the first time it's added so that's not an option.

Code:
      ~ only perform the calculations for the first copy
      doneif (tagis[Helper.FirstCopy] = 0)
Eilserves is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Eilserves

Old June 23rd, 2017, 12:11 AM
So Style Master is fixed and working... so long as someone doesn't go crazy and select it more than 20 times, as there is a limitation of 40 items added to a list of feats, both Inclusive and Exclusive. Since a character only gets 22 talents total, I can't imagine anyone attempting to make a serious character with 20 choices on this ability.

New question: On a Bootstrap Conditional, such as the following:
Post-Levels/20000
count:Hero.xTotalLev >= 15

What am I doing wrong that this will work if the ability is taken after level 15, but not work to apply the bootstrap if it's taken before 15 then leveled up? There's an ability that adds Immunity to Exhaustion when taken regardless of level (Ability requires level 10+ and that's already covered) and if the character is level 15 plus adds Immunity to Stun.

When testing, it works fine if the character is level 15+ and even strips the immunity to stun if they are lowered below 15, but if added pre-15, it's not adding the immunity to stun in.

I presumed "Post-Levels" would be make it run after levels were calculated, and adding a new level would cause a new calculation. Have I misunderstood this?
Eilserves is offline   #17 Reply With Quote