Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

harkan
Volunteer Data File Author

Old April 29th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Using the current 40k files (v1.12) and the IG in particular (igUniDat.dat and igAug.aug)

Game mechanics first off:

When taking doctrines they are applied in a top down fashion, i.e. using sharpshooters doctrine and a command platoon command squad. The doctine is charged at the command squad level (10pnts) and rolls down to the members of the command squad, i.e. senior officer, guardsmen and veteran guardsmen if taken. The individual parts of the command squad cannot take the doctrine, it must be taken by all of them. Veterans are upgraded guardsmen.

Files:

The top level unit (ig_CommSqd) has a linkset of selectable doctrines (ig_doctrin) which carry out the costings etc for all the child units (sharpshooters doctrine = ig_d_Sharp, officer = ig_SO, guardsmen = ig_CommGua, veterans = ig_ComVet).

The child units (officer and guardsmen) use another linkset called ig_docInCh which holds a set of doctrine links which are set to mirror (mirrored to ig_d_Sharp) and automatically sets option ig_d_ShrpC so that when the option is chosen at the top level it is selected in the children. The options held in this list do limited work and no costings. The sharpshooters doctine in this list is ig_d_ShrpC.

Veterans are a child of guardsmen and use the same linkset as them (ig_docInCh), however for some reason the doctrine option is automatically selected. Selecting the doctrine in the top level unit then deselecting it then removed the option as it should do and then everything behaved as expected.

First thought was it was appearing because the option ig_d_Sharp was not present, so I ammended it so that the veterans used the following mirroring:

option: ig_d_ShrpC
mirror: ig_d_ShrpC
auto

as the guardsmen would have that option selected. However this behaved in exactly the same way, i.e. by adding a veteran to the guardsmen the veteran had sharpshooter selected.

Hope this makes sense?
harkan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 20th, 2006, 06:37 PM
OK, this is indeed a bug in AB. It is due to the Live tagexpr on the "ig_d_Sharp" option testing runtime stat values at initialization. They haven't been properly setup when by the time they are first tested. That's why the problem stabilizes later on.

I'm going to look into fixing this. We've got a crash bug that only affects a handful of users and that we haven't been able to figure out yet. When we release a fix for that, I'll include a fix for this issue as well.

Thanks, Rob

P.S. Thanks for the detailed explanation. Without it, I never would have figured out what was going wrong. :-)

At 12:35 PM 4/29/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Using the current 40k files (v1.12) and the IG in particular (igUniDat.dat and igAug.aug)

Game mechanics first off:

When taking doctrines they are applied in a top down fashion, i.e. using sharpshooters doctrine and a command platoon command squad. The doctine is charged at the command squad level (10pnts) and rolls down to the members of the command squad, i.e. senior officer, guardsmen and veteran guardsmen if taken. The individual parts of the command squad cannot take the doctrine, it must be taken by all of them. Veterans are upgraded guardsmen.

Files:
The top level unit (ig_CommSqd) has a linkset of selectable doctrines (ig_doctrin) which carry out the costings etc for all the child units (sharpshooters doctrine = ig_d_Sharp, officer = ig_SO, guardsmen = ig_CommGua, veterans = ig_ComVet).

The child units (officer and guardsmen) use another linkset called ig_docInCh which holds a set of doctrine links which are set to mirror (mirrored to ig_d_Sharp) and automatically sets option ig_d_ShrpC so that when the option is chosen at the top level it is selected in the children. The options held in this list do limited work and no costings. The sharpshooters doctine in this list is ig_d_ShrpC.

Veterans are a child of guardsmen and use the same linkset as them (ig_docInCh), however for some reason the doctrine option is automatically selected. Selecting the doctrine in the top level unit then deselecting it then removed the option as it should do and then everything behaved as expected.

First thought was it was appearing because the option ig_d_Sharp was not present, so I ammended it so that the veterans used the following mirroring:

option: ig_d_ShrpC
mirror: ig_d_ShrpC
auto

as the guardsmen would have that option selected. However this behaved in exactly the same way, i.e. by adding a veteran to the guardsmen the veteran had sharpshooter selected.

Hope this makes sense?
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Golf33

Old December 2nd, 2007, 11:08 PM
This sounds like a problem I've been having. I've got an option on a child unit that is mirrored and contingent on an option on the parent unit. It's also dependent on having an enabling unit in the list. I've got it set up so the enabling unit has a global tag assigned .

I have it as a mirrored, contingent option with a Live tag expression (so it only appears when the enabling unit is present). I add the unit to the roster and add the child unit. Then I add the enabling unit (thus setting the global tag). Hey presto! The option appears on the unit and child unit but it is selected on the child unit.

It doesn't happen if I add the enabling unit to the roster, then add the unit and child.

It also doesn't happen if I set up the option as mirrored and contingent but omit the Live tag expression - but then of course it shows up all the time, when I really only want it to show up if the enabling unit is present.

Has this bug been fixed yet?
Golf33 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote