Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TheIronGolem

Old August 5th, 2016, 06:19 PM
The wMain tag group has a few "holes" in it that I'd love to see filled. For instance, there's wMain.17d6 and wMain.20d6, but no 18d6 or 19d6.

Why do I care? Well, I'm supporting a weapon whose damage can scale with level, starting at 1d6 and potentially going all the way to 20d6. Of course in order to do that I need to store the die size and number values in fields. I'd like to then use that to assemble a tag string like '"wMain." & field[abValue].value & "d" & field[abValue2].value'. But since not all of those tags exist, I must instead throw a string into the fixed-damage fields - which doesn't allow me to use the typed-damage fields. So I have to add more code to look for those bonuses and add them to the damage text, etc.

It would be way cleaner if I could just put together a wMain tag for 1-20 dice of any of the conventional die sizes. Pretty please? We can call that Christmas and my birthday.
TheIronGolem is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 6th, 2016, 02:35 AM
wMain tags get translated into field values on the weapons. Could you not just set the fields value directly?
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old August 6th, 2016, 08:19 AM
I could, if I wasn't a huge dope who completely failed to notice the existence of those fields...

EDIT: Actually, how do those fields work? Because I'm putting values in them and nothing is getting displayed.

EDIT 2: According to what I've found from searches I should be able to get results by manipulating the fields after Final/12000. Still nothing, even though the field values are getting set. The fields I'm setting are wRMainDSiz/wRMainDNum/wMMainDSiz/wMMainDNum.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; August 6th, 2016 at 10:39 AM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #3 Reply With Quote